Chapter Thirty-One - Protection

„I guess you were talking about this one”, Jamie tapped on the picture I found. I rushed over to him, laid my arms from behind around his neck. 

„Mhm..”, I grumbled. „But it´s okay, I´ll get used to it”.

„Hm..”.

I sat myself next to him on the sofa. „What is it?”. 

„It´s a bit.. exaggerated”. He frowned and narrowed his eyes. „I mean, in the night, they weren´t able to know what we were doing..”.

„W-What does that mean?”

Abrupt his back collided the back of the sofa. „For the present.. nothing”. He smiled, but I saw the force in it - it wasn´t real. It was to calm me down. But I knew what his thoughts were. Calmly he laid his hand on my thigh.

There were so much questions burning in the botton of my tummy, but I was afraid to ask, I didn´t want to annoy him with my paranoid stuff.

„Heard something of Hanna already?”

„Me? N-No, should I?”

I was wondering why he asks me something like that. Of course I haven´t heard something! 

„No, just a question”, he smiled again.

A strained sigh exclaimed from myself. „Don´t do this..”, I begged.

„What?”

„Trying to make me think it´s all okay. I can see it in your eyes”.

He cupped his eyes with his hands, stretched out his tongue. How gladly I have kept it! „I´m serious”.

He stood up, pulled me closer to him, spread his breath all over my skin. I felt goosebumps crawling over my whole body. 

„It´s strange, okay? But for now, it´s not unnormal, you know, that´s their job.” 

That was my job, I thought. But now they´re so unfamiliar to me. 

„As long as there aren´t pictures of us in here -”, he broke himself off, catching the frightened look in my face. „Not that that would ever happen!”, he tried to make it better. No way.

My big eyes stared at him disbelieving. 

„You see why I wanted you to think it´s okay? I knew you´ll be acting like this”. With his thumb the stroke my cheek, down over my lips, kissed them finally slowly. 

He shook his head. „I´m talking bullshit. Thea, it´s all right, got it? This one picture is as normal as..”, he sighed. „You know what I want to say”.

I nodded. „And if there´ll ever be someone who would do something to us, I´ll be here to protect you”, he smiled, not faked. 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I want a Jamie who protects me too.. :( 

xskinny