#7

An: you ask, I deliver. This is way overdue.

Over the next few weeks, Yamaguchi's tormentors are even more persistent and have grown in numbers.

They start to throw bits of erasers at him during class, trip him in the hallway, scare him and tear up his notebooks.

Tsukishima spends as much as he can with Yamaguchi. They still bother Yamaguchi when Tsukishima is around, but it's not as bad as when Yamaguchi is alone.

The duo doesn't go to the music room together anymore. Yamaguchi promptly leaves for home when the bell rings for dismissal everyday. Tsukishima offers to walk Yamaguchi home which the brunette respectfully declines every time. So Tsukishima invites himself.

It's not the same as sitting in the music room and playing the piano but Tsukishima doesn't mind.

***

A month later when Yamaguchi doesn't show up to school, Tsukishima receives a visit from Hinata during lunch.

"Yamaguchi moved schools," he says with a straight face.

"Did he?"

"Yeah. Parents found out about the boys that were bullying him. The other day, they followed him home. He said when you left they knocked on his door. Assuming it was you, he opened the door. They pushed him to the ground and beat him. Luckily his neighbour saw," Hinata explained.

"So what now?" Tsukishima inquired.

"He's going to an alternative school. It's close by so we can still see him," Hinata answered. "As for the boys who were bullying him, I'm not sure what's gonna happen with them."

***

Tsukishima arrives at Yamaguchi's house with a bag in his hand. He knocked on the door and waited for Yamaguchi to answer.

He was greeted by the freckled boy who gave him a wide smile and invited him in.

Hello Yamaguchi. Tsukishima signed.

You learned how to sign! Yamaguchi beamed.

I'm still learning. Tsukishima replied. "I brought this for you," he said while handing Yamaguchi the bag.

Yamaguchi opened the bag and saw a vary of items. A few notebooks, a movie, snacks and a plush dinosaur.

You're switching schools. Tsukishima signed.

My parents are making me.

It's okay. We will still see each other.

Yamaguchi grinned and gave Tsukishima a hug.

"Thank you," Yamaguchi says. He's not sure how loud he says it since he can't hear or how odd he sounds. He never thought he'd need to speak. His voice must sound terrible.

Want to watch a movie? Tsukishima invited.

Yamaguchi nodded his head in approval and took Tsukishima's hand and lead him to the living room.

***

When the movie ends, Yamaguchi sees Tsukishima to the door. Yamaguchi waves to Tsukishima which he reciprocates and returns.

I'll see you tomorrow. Tsukishima signs.

Thank you Tsukishima.