||Chapter 9||

"No, Dad. Stop!"

Let me catch you up here, chickadees.

Mal, Evie, Jay, and Carlos are coming back to pick up the four kids. Yay.

So my dad thinks that it'd be a great idea if he tried to escape through the barrier.

Oh, he didn't invite me. Of course not. Because why would anyone invite me anywhere?

"Darling, I'm doing this for us." He told me.

"Yeah, okay. Because if you were doing this for us, I'd be invited to your little escape party."

He laughed. "You don't even want to go."
"Hush, father. Sit down." He followed my command. "Now listen here popsy, of course I want to go to Auradon. You think I want to be stuck here in this dump, watching my so-called 'best friends' forget about me?" I paused. "Get up. We're going."

"Where?"
"To the barrier. And grab the ember."

We hid behind people and kept a close eye on the traitors.

As the barrier began to close, dad put his hand through and used the ember to keep it open.

They all ran out of the car as my dad yelled, "I am a god! I don't belong here!"

I stood by the sidelines, watching in case any of them decided to ask about me. I mean they won't, but I still had a little shred of hope left in me.

Mal turned into a dragon-

Wait, since WHEN?

Oh wait, I wouldn't know. Because she lives in Auradon and I live on the Isle.

As Mal turned into a dragon, our dad kept blasting her. Love me some father-daughter bonding time.

"Come on, Mal! Blast him!" Jay said. Ouch, Jay-Jay. You hurt me.

Then, with one final burst of energy, Mal was able to blast dad behind the barrier.

"Dad! Are you okay?" I ran over to him and helped him up.

"Hailey." I heard a soft voice say to the right of me. I turned and saw-

"Carlos, come on." Jay tried to pull him away. I guess he didn't see me. "Wait, Hailey! Hailey!"

I rolled my eyes and turned around.

"No. Hailey! Hailey, come back! Please!"

I ignored him and kept helping my dad walk.

Maybe if three other voices joined in, I might've went back.