"Charlie darkling, this is Tyler, Tyler this is Charlie." Mum smiled brightly, a knowing look on her face as she read mine.

"H-Hi. Are you real?" I asked, as I stood up, my hair tumbling out of its temporary bun. I walked up to him, circled him and then stopped in front of him. I narrowed my eyes, and doing what I always do, or would do in this situation, I poke his cheek.

It was slightly stubbled and warm, and very real.

"Oh!" I said, stepping back slightly. "You are real. You are way too good looking to be real though. I mean.... Like..... Greek God hot." Ah, thats me, stating what I think without even thinking before I speak.

His eyebrows raised, and he chuckled, while Naomi just managed to supress a stangled laugh. I shall go on to explain just how Greek God like he was.

Tall, like really tall. Maybe 6'2, almost 6'3. And he was muscular. You could tell, even under the white t-shirt and leather jacket he had on. The shirt seemed to be straining against the pure masculine muscle that toned his arms and torso. He had chocolate brown hair, slightly curly, but more wavy that was just the right length.

He had peircing brown, almost molten butterscotch eyes. He had darkly tanned skin, and then I noticed how he had a bandage on his right arm and he was favouring his right leg so mach as that he was barely placing his foot on the ground.

And those eyes, they made me miserable to look at, but I couldn't help but stare. They held such sadness and misery that I instantly wanted to know what was wrong with him.Without taking my eyes off of him, I spoke to mum.

"Mum, can I speak to you for a minute. In private." I smiled as politely as I could before turning on my heel and stalking into the spotless kitchen.

I heard mum fuss over the male before walking in. I was on her in an instant.

"Who is he? And what is he doing here?" I whispered almost harshly. I think it was more the fact that he was extremely good looking and that look. Oh, such misery in those beautiful eyes.

"Well, he has a name. His name is Tyler Anderson, and he was in an accident last month. He lost both his parents, and was injured severly. He was, is one of my patients, and he is going to live with is for a year or so."

---

I still hadn't talked to Naomi and it was 3 in the afternoon on Saturday. I was grumpy and annoyed and self concsious and deeply attracted to the male who had moved into the room next to mine. I figured out he was around 6 months older then me, and he was going to be a senior at my school, this year, with me. Oh great!

I had heard about the accident, and sympathised for him. I was angry at Tyler, I was angry at Naomi. She had let him move in, with out talking to me about it? Gah, I was annoyed. She had gone off to work, and Mr. Miserable was still asleep. I had heated up last nights meal for lunch, and had sat down to watch a repeat of MCR's performance in Berlin.

And then I realised I should have asked Mr. Miserable if he wanted anything to eat. So, cautiously, I walked to the door and knocked, with a gruff 'enter' in reply.

"Er.... I was wondering if you wanted anything to eat?" I spoke into the darkness, he obviously had the shutters down. "Just some carbornara."

I heard a groan before some rustling of sheets, making my pulse spike just slightly.

"That would be great. Er, whats the time by the way?" His voice was gruff and raspy, like he had just woken up, it sounded so deep and sexy. No, no thinking like that chicka. You live with him now. I scolded myself as I nodded.

"Okay, and its twenty past three."

"Really?!" Was the instant, and surprised answer.

"Yeah, why else would I have said it?" I instantly regretted those words as they flowed from my mouth. I mentally face-palmed myself as I winced, waiting for his reaction.

"Well, you don't seem to like me, or the fact that I live here." Was the reply, I still couldn't see him.

"I-! Bu-! Argh, the kitchens the first door on the right. Get your own food." I huffed before stalking back to the TV. It wasn't that I didn't like him, I could come to like him. I just didn't like the idea of a male intruding on Naomi and I. We had a great life. No stupid males to make us upset.

I heard him get up and shuffle down to the kitchen, hearing the limp clearly. Then I heard him shuffle back to his room, only for me to turn my head and see him stand in the doorway, stretching; arms up in the air, making him seem taller, in only a pair of silky looking blue boxers.

I nearly died of a heart attack as I saw him.

"Are you perfectly sure you are not a Greek God? Cause I swear..." I didn't finished my sentence as he gave me his 'raised eyebrow with a smirk' look, which I suppose would be his 'ohreally?' look.

"You swear what?" He asked, stepping into the room, making his way towards my wicker chair.

"Don't you dare sit on that!" I schreeched just as he was about to lower himself into it. My eyes were wide and I was pointing at him, and as I realised that what I was doing I let my hand fall to my side. "That's my chair." I stated meekly, moving towards him and ushered him off. He held up his hands, smiling slightly, but that didn't change his miserable look.

"Okay, okay. Sorry. Don't shoot. I'll sit somewhere else. It just looked comfy." He confessed, moving towards the large sofa. I bit back a slightly giggle as he gingerly lowered himself into it.

"Well, it is. And its mine." I said as I plopped down comfortably into the chair.

No was the perfect time to talk to him, no Naomi to interupt or scold me for saying something.

"So, how was it that you managed to end up living here with Naomi and I?" I asked, my hands motioning towards him and then spreading out to motion towards the apartment.

"Well, your sister was looking after me, after the accident. And I had no one else. Both my parents died....." He stopped, the sentenced unfinished, but I could see the pain in his eyes. ".... I honestly don't know." I opened my mouth to say something but I couldn't think of anything. And then I noticed what he had said that made me almost laugh.

"Did you say my sister?" I asked, barely holding back a laugh.

"Yeah. Why?"

"She's not my sister. She my mum. My foster mum." I explained, giving him a completely innocent look.

"Oh! Your foster.... That means....." He contimplated it for a minute.

"You're an orphan too!" Something along the lines of hope and admiration flashed in his eyes as he sat up a little straighter.

Looks like I had just made a new friend.