Chapter Two

The Beginning of the End

So, mum called to tell me to start cooking, that she'd be home in twenty or so minutes. Well, that was almost an hour ago and the carbornara was getting really cold. I had already eaten mine because I was starving.

Finally, at eleven o'clock, I heard the intercom and buzzer go off.I sighed as I pushed myself off of the study desk, scooted over to the intercom on my chair and pressed the button.

"Charlie darling, can you let me in. I can't be bothered trying to find my keys." Mum groaned pleadingly into the microphone. I just sighed and rolled my eyes, pressing the entrance button.

"There you go. I don't know what you would do with out me, lazy butt." Just before I switched the intercom off, I heard a distinctively male chuckle. I narrowed my eyes as i scooted over the computer, resuming my internet 'stalking' of my favorite band, My Chemical Romance. Gerard Way being my unknowing victim.

We lived in an apartment building in the middle of the city. We got the spaceous, and luxurious apartment because it was close to both my school and the hospital. It had three bedrooms, but one was my, more like our, storage room. It wasn't that full. Just an old guitar of mine, a old painting easle of Naomi's and a double bed, used mainly for pillow fights and sleep overs.

But I had the best room of all. You walk in and to your left you have my canopy bed. Only a king single, but still four posted, with a misquito net surrounding it in a foggy kind of appearance. Then you had my arms width, floor to ceiling bookcase, crammed and jammed with old, new and battered books of all genres and sizes. I'm a avid reader.

Then there is my piano. Small, but practical and it has a wonderful sound. Then, to your right, you have my cupboards. But, thats not all. There is a ladder inbetween the two doors, leading up to a loft and a window. It had just enough room for a window seat, two beanbags, a small plasma TV and a DVD player. I often played guitar, or read up here. It was my getaway. But back to the present.

I heard the keys in the front door and faint chatter. Once again, I heard a distinctly male voice, responding to some giggling and more chatter.

"-eady have someone living with me. Her name is Charliee, she is in here somewhere......" There was her mum's voice. "Charlie! Where are you dear?"

"I'm in here!" I called, my eyes never leaving the computer screen. The man in our apartment was probably mum's new boyfriend or something.

"Where's here?" She called back, like I said, its a spacious apartment.

"The study lounge-room thingy. I don't know what to call it. Just here." I called back, getting slightly peeved at the fact, not only was she late, she brought a male into our apartment, and let my carbornara get cold.

"-always on the thing she is." I heard Naomi tut, finally finding me.

"You're late." I stated, flickering my gaze to her, so quick I only glimpsed chocolate brown hair and heard a male chuckle.

"I know, I am so sorry sweetie. But, it was important, and I had to stay back." She rushed, you could hear the urgency in her voice.

"Could have atleast called me." I mumbled, I could never stay angry at her for a long period of time.

"Sorry. But enough of that, I have some one I want you to meet." I sighed, twisting my hair into an improvisation of a messy knot. It was too long sometimes. I closed my eyes and turn in my swivelly chair.

"Fine." I said, opening my eyes, almost choking as I drew in a quick breath. There was a greek god standing right in front of me. I swear, a freakin' greek god. I actually pinched myself, and then scrunched my eyes shut before believing what I was seeing.