Chapter 17

It's a week later and Nippy was now on her way to see Kristina. Meanwhile, Michael is at home with Kadence and Jermaine's making his way over there with Jazzy Mae

*There was a knock on the door*

Michael:uh oh, there goes uncle Maine and Jazzy *Kady ran as fast as her 11 month old feet would take her to the door* are you that happy to see your cousin? *she babbled to him and pointed to the door as he opened it* wassup bro

Jermaine:wassup man *hugged him* look at my beautiful niece *picked up kady*

Michael:and look at my beautiful beautiful niece *picked up jazzy* how you been bro? How's life treating you?

Jermaine:just taking it day by day. What about yourself?

Michael:awe man, same actually

Jermaine:that's good

Michael:how's Kris? *they walked to the living room*

Jermaine:she's fine. It's been awhile since we lost the baby but she's taking it harder than I am. I let her know that there's always time to try for another but what happened to baby girl really kinda messed her up man

Michael:damn. I pray that you both get better. It does take awhile to heal but I know y'all got this J

Jermaine:Yeah, I know. *seen the babies go to Kady's playroom* Where's nippy?

Michael:she actually just left a few minutes ago. She's on her way to see Kristina

Jermaine:hopefully that visit brightens her day. I've been tryna do whatever I can or it takes to keep her happy. Try to help move it to the back of her mind but nothing's helping

Michael:give her time. We hurt differently than women do. It really affects them more when it comes to losing a baby. I mean it fucks with us heavily but we manage to make it and be strong for them

Jermaine:yeah, I know what you mean

•Jermaine & Kris' house•

Whitney:Krissy? *called out for her as she walked into the house*

Kristina:hey babes. What are you doing here? *she asked tiredly as she hugged her*

Whitney:I came to see you. How you holding up? *she asked worriedly as she seen her sit down slowly*

Kristina:*sighed* oh, I'm fine. Just perfect! *she gestured with her hands* I'm living sooo..

Whitney:*sat next to her* you're drained baby..

Kristina:somewhat. It's life though. Things happen.

Whitney:I know that feeling Kris and you're not well.

Kristina:is it showing that badly?

Whitney:yes it is. Have you been talking to J about how you feel?

Kristina:he knows already and he's been trying to help me the best he can. *shrugged her shoulders* I just don't understand why, what has happened to me is affecting me like this. It's been days since I lost her but it doesn't feel like it.

Whitney:I know what you mean but it's different for many women. Some do take longer to recover.

Kristina:well I got the slow process. I've been beating myself up ever since.

Whitney:why? *rested her arm on the back of the couch*

Kristina:I feel like it's my fault. *shook her head in disbelief* I don't even have the strength to cry anymore. I'm just tired and I wanna give up but I know I can't.

Whitney:that's right baby. You gotta keep pushing yourself for Jazzy. This may sound like the wrong thing to say but you can always have another one. Who knows, maybe next time you get two.

Kristina:yeah *chuckled a bit* I still just feel like I had something to do with it. I always think of "what if's" and "maybe if I done this differently... she would've been here" and I wouldn't be putting myself through this miserable ass phase I'm going through.

Whitney:don't be so hard on yourself. You lost something dearest to you. I praise you for how you're handling this cause most of us give up. We shut down and once that happens, we call our end. You didn't do that. You're exhausted but you're living. Not just for yourself but for my niece and J. You got this baby. You're strong and making it.

Kristina:I don't know where I'd be or do without you.

Whitney:me either *they laughed* I'm kidding. You need to laugh though *hugged and kissed her* I'm always gonna be here babe and you know that.

Kristina:I know and I love you.

Whitney:I love you way more.

Short. I know but I've been busy with college babes so I'll be on here as much as I can