1. Blue Shoes

(Chloe's POV)

"Chloe! Hello?! Are you even listening to me? God, I swear sometimes, you are impossible to talk to."

"S-sorry Savannah..." I apologize to my best friend, returning back to reality.

"NO, no, it's fine... I just wish you would pay attention to me when I'm talking to you," Savannah interrupts me in a sarcastic tone of voice.

"Would you calm down okay? I just zoned out for like half a second..." I say with a hint of irritation in my voice.

"Uh-huh yeah whatever," Savannah rolls her eyes.

"Plus what are you even worried about. You're my best friend. Nothing is going to change that," I say with a small reassuring smile on my face.

"So you say, but all you ever do these days is daydream about Adrian Parks," she says slyly with a smirk on her face.

It was true. I was daydreaming about Adrian Parks. Which seemed to happen more and more these days. You see, it was kind of becoming a problem. Like I would be doing trigonometry homework and all of a sudden. BAM! An image of Adrian Parks would pop into my head and I would completely lose my focus. It was getting quite out of hand and I knew that I would have to do something about it soon.

"No I do not!!" I could feel my face turning a bright shade of red.

"Well, your face tells a different story princessa," Savannah says with a smirk on her face.

"S-shut up! Anyways did you study for the physics exam today?" I say desperately trying to change the subject.

"Wait what? WHAT? You better not be playing with me Chloe. We did not have a physics exam today? Did we?" she says as her eyes go wide.

"Yeah you might wanna start studying instead of getting yourself invovled in my love life princessa," I say with a sassy tone of voice.

"Ugh. You know I'm just playing with ya, but seriously do we have a physics exam?" Savannah slowly says the words, scared of the answer.

"Yup, here's my study guide. I'll meet you at the cafeteria for lunch?" I say with a smiling spreading across my face.

"Sure, that is if I don't die during my physics exam which I didn't know I had," she says calmly. But I can tell she is freaking out.

"Good luck butt head. I'll see you soon," I say with a chuckle.

Walking down the hallway, I could hear Savannah utter, "Yeah bye," as she was frantically flipping through the pages in my study guide.

You could see that was the type of relationship that Savannah and I had. We were the bestest of friends. Yes I realize bestest isn't a word. Okay, moving on. Anyways the rest of the day went on pretty smoothly. No food fights, no lock downs, no crazy maniac shooting up the school. It was a pretty normal day. Then lunch came around. Okay so there is something you should know about Lincoln High. Lunch is sort of like a tradition here. I honestly don't even know why but for some reason lunch is very important here. It never made sense to me, but whatever. Like I had promised Savannah earlier, I was going to meet her at the cafeteria to grab some lunch and chat. But then all of a sudden, out storms Principal Sanders and he pulls me into his office. I step into his office. His face is all scrunched up and he looks very angry. He motions for me to sit at the chair on the other side of his desk.

I take a seat in the chair in front of his desk. "What do you want?" I say in a rude tone, not in any mood to talk to him.

I didn't particularly like Mr. Sanders. You see, it always felt like he was always singling me out, getting me in trouble for no reason. He was always out to get me. And I honestly hated him. So the fact that he interrupted my lunch with this made me even more infuriated. My mind raced with thoughts. Why am I here? I didn't do anything wrong. Great, Savannah is gonna blame me for ditching her at lunch.