Cold Snow

Author note:

Hi there wonderful and beautiful readers :P It would be great if you could comment on things within my story. That would be awesome, so I can improve. Um... So yeah. Enjoy! I don't know how often I will update, but I will try for as soon as I can. I also tend to have a writing quirk where I go into first and third person when writing... xD... If you catch that, just make me a little note and I will fix it as soon as possible. If you catch a grammar error, or spelling, or anything of that nature, go ahead and leave a message on it. Thanks!

        I walked down the hallways of my school, glancing about at the different varieties of faces. Some were so familiar yet so far-off. I knew them, but I didn't really know them. Do you ever feel that way? That somehow, through all the bullshit and the fucking drama where you can see everyone's true bitch-face, you never really know the kids you spend a good portion of your life with. Some you never see again.

        I suppose I was alright with that. Sometimes, it made me feel as though I was nothing. Sometimes it made me feel as though they were nothing. To me, they were absolutely nothing. I hated most people in my school. Where was the fun and attraction to a group of people who don't give a damn about anyone but their fucking selves, in the end, anyways?

        I wasn't always so negative. I used to have a plentiful amount of friends. But all it took was one bullshit fight, and suddenly I was alone. All it took was one bullshit rumor. One bullshit lie.

        Now, when given the opportunity, most tend to beg to get my attention. Mainly because they know how I react. They wanted to break the stone cold girl at the back of the class. They wanted me to break, take down my walls, be exposed and completely vulnerable to their bullshit. I wasn't having that. I would never have had that. Mainly, because I truly believed I was nothing without my barrier. I had nothing to hide. Nothing to be exposed of. My parents were non-existent. Well, in the very least, they were to me. I ran off when I was younger, due to the fact that they purely neglected my existence. No worries, however. I truly did not give a damn.

        Classes were exceptionally bullshit. Stuffing kids into one fucking room and making them associate with each other, no matter their upbringing or personal views of the world. You could have a racist stuffed in a room of people with ethnicity different than them. No, I am not damning myself to specifically "white racists to black people", truly because anyone could be racist. You could just as well have an Italian child racist towards Russians, for some reason or another. Anything could truly happen. School systems were always bullshit to me.

        As I took my chair, I felt the presence of the large, muscular and virile energy behind me. I faintly remember him being darker in skin tone, possibly black or Hispanic in some form. I felt his hand strike the back of my head, just like every other day. He leaned forward in his seat, truly too small for his large form, and spoke into my ear.

        "Hey, ice bitch, did you really lose your virginity in sixth grade?" he muttered lowly, and I felt my hand clench into a fist. I glanced back at him with a stony expression.

        "To introduce this, I must remind you once again that my name still continues to be Aria Nowlan. Under the extraordinary intrusion of an unexpected and completely too personal question, I must decline this ludicrous gossip. I hardly have been near a man long enough to even consider the possibility that he would be even nearly experienced enough in this department to even slightly awake my interest. Besides, my good sir, males do not evoke an interest to my rather focused pleasure."

        The rather testosterone-leaking male behind me blinked. "So... uh... no...?"

        I narrowed my eyes, realizing his issue of complete stupidity. "Yes, you incompetent idiot. The answer is no." I then quickly turned back around.

        I didn't very well appreciate my peers; they all seemed as though they were reversing in the evolutionary cycle, and reverting back to neanderthals. They even equipped the poor posture. Fucking idiots.

        As the final bell of the school day's release sounded, I quickly eased my way out of the doors, and I began my slow yet long stride home. It was completely exhausting. It had become winter, and my light, blondish hair seemed too fond of blending into the snow surrounding me. I tilted my pale face upward, staring at the greyish clouds that matched my own eyes. I breathed in a deep sigh, looked down again, walking slowly, barely feeling the light snowflake sticking to my face, but completely refusing to melt.

        How that one little snowflake had changed my life so dearly, I will never truly understand.