Part 1: Meeting the king

Start from the beginning

The encounter sent you flying onto you back, a puff of air escaping your mouth.

A dull sting of pain bloomed from your backside, you purse your lips in annoyance.

My bad luck continues.

You took a glance upwards, searching for the cause of your spill.

"Yamaguchi, please refrain from walking on people's heels." A tone that you could only describe as snotty chided.

Yamaguchi?

How would I even write that?

A warm chest and firm hand placed you back upon your feet. A quiet strength evident.

What slender fingers.

From what you could tell from your hazy vision a boy was tidying your uniform and hair.

He had a tall build, around five foot ten. His face was narrow, appearing as though someone had splattered his face with paint.

Freckles.

Dark hair framed the strangers face, a small piece of hair sticking up awkwardly on the crown of his head.

"Sorry about that." The boy apologized, brushing your shoulder gently.

You were so enamored with the beauty before you that you were having trouble responding.

"I—

You began, raking your fingers through your hair in frustration.

I really should have made more of an effort to learn proper Japanese.

"It's quite alrig-

What is this?

A sticky sensation oozed over your fingers. You momentarily stopping your dribble to inspect the cause.

Is this chewing gum?

How the hell did this happen?

"Yamaguchi, your gum."

That voice again.

To your horror there was another boy present.

Tall, around six two in height, a shock of blonde hair, his most prominent feature.

A pair of glasses adorned the boys face, his mouth twisted into a puckered expression.

I could almost describe him as dapper.

The boy was looking you up and down in pity, his demeanor contrasting heavily with his companion's.

Like yin and yang.

They couldn't be more different if they tried.

"Oh dear, I'm so sorry." The darker haired boy, Yamaguchi said.