Ending The Argument

Bulma sighed as she walked outside, opening her umbrella. She was in no rush to get home. It was empty. She had tossed Vegeta out after an argument. They had been together for 8 years. 6 of those were in school. She reflected on the argument as she walked.

'Can you just please stop working all the time? I understand that you need to finish this but after that, please Bulma, just a bit less work and a little more time at home?'

'Are you serious Vegeta? I'm a scientist at Capsule Corp! I don't get the option to work less! I'm always working!'

'Can't you do it at home sometimes?'

'No I can't. Why are you so clingy all of a sudden!? It's ridiculous, you sound like a woman!'

His face darkened. 'I sound like a woman?' He scoffed. 'If wanting to spend time with you, cleaning and cooking for you when you come home after fucking midnight, makes me sound like a woman then so be it. One of us has to! It's not like you even come home long enough to clean. If I didn't do it this place would be a pigsty and you would never have food ready for you to heat up.'

'Exactly what are you saying Vegeta?' She asked, her voice accusingly.

'That you don't care for anything except yourself! I knew when you got this job things would be like this!'

'If it bothers you that much you can take your things and go! I don't need your whining and I don't need you!'

That had been the biggest lie she'd ever told. She very much needed Vegeta. Her heart broke every morning that she woke up and she was alone in her bed. One that now felt too big. Their, well now just her, home was half bare. He had come by the next day and packed everything the he owned and left. He had left pictures of the two that he just couldn't bare to see anymore. He had also left a simple white t-shirt that she had now taken to wearing at night. The problem with that was, since it had been almost 7 months that she'd kicked him out, his scent was long gone from it. She stopped and bought 3 bottles of coconut rum. She had the next 2 days off so she decided she'd drink away his memory for a small bit. By the time she had arrived home the rain had stopped so she chose to sit outside and drink. She decided to not even bother with a cup she just drank from the bottle. She got 2 bottles down and had tried to stand up and passed out in the yard.

"Bulma?" She heard someone call her name when she cracked her eyes open. "Hng?" She opened them all the way and saw a worried Vegeta looking down at her. "V-Vegeta? What are you doing here?"
"Something felt wrong... And I tend to check on you when I know you're home.." He said, looking down.

"You what?" She asked softly.

"I worry about you..I know you kicked me out, I know I said some rude things but I was upset."
"I was rude. I shouldn't have said any of it. I lied so badly Vegeta! I do need you!"

"I need you too."
"Will you just come home? I don't think I can take another night alone.."
"If I break my lease I'll have to pay almost $1,000 Zeni..."
"I'll pay it. Please  Vegeta!"
"How about I stay tonight then I'll worry about leaving my apartment and everything else tomorrow?"
She nodded softly. "I-I'm sorry.."

He smiled at her softly. "I'm sorry too." He leaned down and kissed her. "I love you."

"I love you too Vegeta."