Is this love real? (POKEMON) Gold x Silver -15

Silver's P.O.V.

"Get on with it!"

Gold inhaled sharply. Then he inhaled again. And again, making a stuffy 'ahh' noise in the back of his throat. It only clicked in my head what was happening when it was too late. He sneezed. The scissors slipped, and I heard the shh! sound as they closed and cut through.

Gold gasped. I froze. It seemed like an age before either of us spoke.

"Gold," I hissed shakily. "What did you just do?"

"I... I..." He sounded like he was about to burst into tears. Not a good sign.

"You'd better not have done what I think you've done..." I said. My voice was getting louder and higher.

Gold's quivering hand appeared at my side. In it he held something long and fiery red. My hair. For a moment I could only stare, my eyes bulging out of my head. Then my hands shot to the back of my neck, feeling frantically for what was no longer there.

Gold had cut off my whole ponytail.

"Oh my God." I couldn't manage more than a whisper. I leaped to my feet and sped to the mirror, staring at myself in horror. Thanks to how it was tied back, the front of my hair still reached past my chin, but only just. In the back, it was just only an inch longer. I had to take a step back.

"What the hell?!" I yelled, turning on Gold. He flinched and backed away.

"I... I didn't mean to!" he whimpered, snuffling.

"You're fucking eighteen years old, you should at least be able to use a pair of scissors!" I shouted. I gripped what was left of my hair. "Oh God, oh God..." I was panicking and I knew it. I'd never be able to leave the building like this!

"I'm sorry." Gold started to cry.

"Oh shit, no, don't you dare... damn!" I threw my arms back to down to my sides. "You shouldn't be the one crying here! Look at me, you can see my neck!"

Gold wiped his eyes. "There's nothing wrong with your neck," he said, and I snorted. Of course there was- I was too self conscious!

"Ugh." I hugged my hands around the back of my neck, feeling horribly exposed without my hair. Gold curled back into a ball, hiding his face is his stupid backwards blanket. I didn't care if I had upset him; he'd just practically scalped me, for God's sake! I was lucky he had just cut my hair and not my head. Snatching up the scissors, I stormed out of the room.

I didn't speak to him for the rest of the day. Every time I passed by a mirror I did a double-take. I couldn't quite recognize myself. Gold didn't mention my hair, but he kept staring at my head, which wasn't exactly encouraging. I contemplated cutting my hair again so that it was all the same length, but I really didn't fancy the idea of it getting any shorter.

That night in bed, I kept my back to him. He snuggled up to me and stroked my hair and kissed the back of my neck. I shivered.

"You still look beautiful," he whispered.

"Shut up." I elbowed him in the ribs.