You Didn't Deserve This

Start from the beginning

"A nickname?" Steve guessed with a shrug.

"Great analysis, Sherlock," Tony muttered, sarcastically.

Alex just rolled her eyes, but she understood the billionaire's frustration. He didn't like admitting it, but Peter's absence was having a massive effect on him. Alex could see that. Everyone could.

"I'll go and let Bucky know," she said to Steve quietly.

He looked a bit surprised at first but nodded.

Alex rushed back to the med room, remembering to pick up the two coffees on her way. Bucky was sat scrolling through his phone when she came skipping into the room.

"You seem weirdly happy," he chuckled.

"I have good reason to be," she beamed. "Rosa's alive. They found her on CCTV footage."

Bucky sat up, his eyes widening. "Thank God," he breathed.

Not long later, she pulled up the video to show him. He had the same question as the others.

"Shower Girl?"

********

Rosa was trying her best to stay awake. She really was. Jamie kept on talking to her. He told her to focus on his voice. But that was pretty hard to do when you could practically bleed out any second thanks to a burning hole in your stomach.

"Rosa!?" Jamie's frantic cry snapped her from her trance.

"Still alive," she managed to croak.

"Jesus," he breathed "Please, don't do that. You need to stay awake, okay? Talk me through what happened before I found you."

Rosa stared up at the roof of the car blankly. "I-I..." I stabbed Bucky. That's what she was going to say but couldn't bring herself to. She hurt one of the people she cared about most. "I deserve this. Please, just let me go." The words came out as a whisper. Tears spilt down the sides of her head. "I...I want to go home," she sobbed. Every cry sent an awful pain through her mid-section.

That's all she wanted though. She wanted to have her daily training session with Natasha. She wanted to have an intellectual chat with Vision. She wanted one of Wanda's amazing hugs. She wanted to annoy Bruce in the lab. She wanted to hear Tony call her Daisy again. She wanted to joke to Steve about his innocence. She wanted to continue the prank war with Clint. She wanted to joke around with Peter all day. Most of all...she wanted Bucky to hold her.

"You will go home, I promise Rosa. I give you my word. I'll dye my hair before I let you die," Jamie rushed his words from the front seat.

"Bullshit," Rosa managed to laugh through her tears. "You...you love your hair too much to...to do that."

"Don't call bullshit when I'm trying to motivate you, Woods," he laughed back, but Rosa felt the car accelerate under her as Jamie drove faster.

Her smile slowly died. "Jamie," she shook. "I killed people tonight."

"That wasn't you, Shower Girl. Don't think about it. Tell me about how you met Peter again."

As much as that memory brought her joy, Rosa ignored Jamie's request. "This is karma. A...a life for a life, you know?" Her eyes flickered shut.

"Rosa? Don't you dare!" He was crying. You could tell as he choked over his words. "We're nearly there...please hang on...please, just..."

Rosa didn't hear anything else he said. Everything faded out to the point where she lay, motionless. Fleeting images visited her. Rosa knew she was dying.