Chapter 13: Mercy (慈悲)

"Shinazugawa, you can't do it in the sunlight. The demon won't come out unless you go in the shade" Iguro says.

Sanemi grits his teeth.
"Lord Oyakata, forgive me for my rudeness"
In the speed of light Sanemi went inside the shade of Ubuyashiki's home.

Him and his children both surprised by the sudden move. He aims his sword at the box.

"Stop!" Tanjiro says but gets slammed down by Iguro. You were boiling inside. You just wanted to punch Iguro in the gut to leave Tanjiro alone.

But you had to stay put and observe. Your life was on the line after all. So you hoped to Gods that Nezuko resists.

"Come over here demon! Here's some of your favorite human blood!" Sanemi yanks open the box.

Nezuko slowly comes out of it.

She was breathing hard, and was sweating. Shinobu saw Tanjiro's condition.
"Iguro, you're pushing him too much, loosen up a bit"
"If he tries to move, wouldn't I be the one being pushed?"

"...Kamado, your lungs are under pressure, so if you use your breathes, your blood vessels will explode" Shinobu says.

Even though you kept your poker face, you were panicking on the inside.

Just stay calm Tanjiro, please...

"Blood vessels exploding! That's gonna make a flamboyant sound! Okay, go explode!"

Stop it...
"Your poor thing...what a weak pitiful child namu-amida-bustu..."

Stop it...!

Tanjiro just kept trying to breathe. On the other side, Nezuko started salivating.

Tanjiro kept going until his veins were popping out of him in pain.
"Gah! Ah! Aah!"
"Kamado!"
"Stop it, Tanjiro!"

Tanjiro tears the rope apart, and soon Iguro was pulled away by Giyuu.

You ran to Tanjiro and held him as he was coughing.
"Nezuko!"

Nezuko looks back at Tanjiro, and started gripping on her haori. And with all her willpower, she resisted and looked away from Sanemi's arm.

Sanemi was surprised.
"What happened?" Ubuyashiki asked.
"The demon girl turned the other way. Even though Shinazugawa cut himself three times, and thrust his arm in front in front of her, she held herself back, and didn't bite him" his child said.

Ubuyashiki smiles.
"And that's proof will not attack human rights there"
Tanjiro and Sanemi both looked surprised.
Iguro snatches his arm away from Giyuu's grip, looking mad.

"What're you planning, Tomioka...? (Y/n), you're just gonna let your brother disrespect people like that?"
Giyuu and you just stayed quiet.

Just why would you scold your brother for doing the right thing. Tanjiro could've gotten worst.

"Tanjiro, despite this, there will still be some people who won't willingly agree about Nezuko"

Tanjiro just remember his manners as he bowed in respect to Ubuyashiki.
"You just have to prove that, from this point on, you and Nezuko can be useful enough to fight with the demon hunters"

Tanjiro felt as if there was a soft feeling coming around him.
"Defeat the 12 demon moons. If you do that, then everyone will acknowledge you. And the gravity of your words will change, Tanjiro"