Coffee Please ☕️

A typical, late Friday afternoon at Pandera's bakery and coffee shop 🧁 ☕️

A typical, late Friday afternoon at Pandera's bakery and coffee shop 🧁 ☕️ . It was the slowest time of the day since most everyone who want or needed coffee was at work now. You mindlessly wiped down the tables again and rearranged the ingredients by alphabetical order. It wasn't the most glamorous job, but it pays decent and works with your college schedule, and honestly, you were thankful for the job.

~Ding~

You jumped, clearly startled to have a customer. You quickly straightened your apron and put a smile on your face as he sluggishly made his way to the counter. He hid most of his golden mane under a plain black hat and his ocean blue eyes were partially hidden by dark glasses.

"One triple, venti, café mocha, with cream, and dark chocolate, salted caramel drizzle please," a tired voice ordered.

"Right away, sir," you replied cheerfully. You quickly  brewed the coffee and combined the other ingredients, poured it into a signature panda cup and held it out to him.
"Here you are! One triple, venti, cafe mocha with cream and dark chocolate, salted caramel drizzle with a house special panda donut."

"Oh—I didn't order a donut." He looked down at it with his mouth-watering, his eyes glazed over. You could tell he either had a sweet tooth or really liked donuts, but guessing by his coffee order, you deducted that it was a sweet tooth.

You covered your mouth slightly as you giggled to yourself. "I know, it's on the house—you look like you could use something to cheer you up."

"Wow—um—thank you!" He stammered, clearly blushing ever so slightly. You couldn't help but smile at the stranger. There was something about him that drew you in.

"Of course, everyone needs someone to cheer them up every now and then," you reply. He nods in agreement, pays for the coffee, and waves to you as he exited the cafe. He had more of a lively walkout than he did when he arrived. You mentally high-five yourself for a job well done.

WHACK!

"Ow!" You rubbed the top of your head gingerly as your coworker f/n (friends name) stood to the side of you with a rolled-up magazine gripped tightly in her hand. "Was there a reason for that? I didn't spill coffee on anyone today and I didn't forget about anything in the oven—or did I?" You turned to run to the oven as your friend stopped you.

"That was Kiro, you know, the famous singer!"

"I thought he looked familiar," you replied as it dawned on you. "He really is as nice as they say." You blushed a little realizing you got the chance to speak to him. His music really spoke to you and always cheered you up.

"You idiot you're just now realizing this?! You could've asked him to sign something! You let your fetching idol walk out the door," she fumed, clearly irritated.

"Well that would be quite rude, he was just coming in for coffee. He was exhausted and clearly busy," you defended.

"He's a celebrity he's used to it," she groaned as she cleaned the pot you had used to brew Kiro's coffee.

"That doesn't mean it isn't rude—it would be like someone asking for you to make them a pot of coffee when you're not at work."

"I guess, in a strange way, might have a slight point, but it's freaking Kiro!!"

"Maybe next time at one of his concerts," you replied with a smile. She rolled her eyes at you as she continued to clean.

"You're too nice sometimes, y/n, but I guess that's a reason I like you. Just try to be a bit more selfish sometimes, okay?" She patted the top of your head and smiled softly at you and you reciprocated it, but you felt plenty selfish.

After you finished your shift, you were on your way to your loft when you got a text from f/n. It was just a link, so you clicked on it. You took you to Kiro's fan page. He often posted updates on his life/career or just posted things for his fans. It was a page that you went to quite often since you loved reading up on his most recent adventures and sneak peeks at his upcoming song(s). As you were scrolling through his feed and many comments from fans, one picture, in particular, caught your eye. Kiro was in his room and holding up a familiar panda decorated donut in front of his eye.

"A super cute girl made my day. Thanks for the treat--spread kindness everyone!" You reread the post a couple of dozen times before you stopped in your tracks.

"Does he mean me, or is there another girl that also gave him a panda donut?" You shrugged as you kept walking. "He must have met another girl that fits that description--I'm really not that cute, but I'm glad someone made his day," you replied to yourself with a sincere smile.

~Author's Note~

Thank you for checking out this fanfic. If it goes well, I'll continue to do the other characters.