"I ordered both of us a water with lemon and some pasta if that's okay with you"

"That's perfectly fine" they both took a seat

"So how are you"

"I could be better but I'm taking it day by day and just being there for Jayden"

"And i hear you have a boyfriend now"

"Yes his name is Amir we've been dating for a pretty long time now"

"Do i hear wedding bells" they shared a laugh

"I mean I'm not down playing it but i would love for us to live together before taking that step because once it's done , it's done , like the pastor said for better or for worse so there is no leaving him"

"So have y'all been talking about moving in or?"

"I mean the conversation came up but i still have a lot to think about because it's a huge commitment and i wanna be ready for it but i do see myself living with him" her mom nodded

"Your absolutely right and Jayden is in school , correct?"

"Yes , next year he'll be in kindergarten time is going by so fast i just want it to slow down"

"Cherish these moments while you can because life changes in a blink of an eye and your gonna wish they were small again"

"Yes i can already see it now"

"So what about kids y'all planning on having any?" Katrina chocked on her drink

"I'm not saying no but I'm not saying yes either , i rather for both of us to be financially stable , living together and possibly engaged and or even married"

"But enough about me how are you"

"I've been okay , dealing with the divorce of your father has been a hard case but I've been getting through it"

"And do you need any help money wise?"

"Oh no Katrina I'll never take money from you i promise I'm fine"

"I'll take your word on it but remember we're good now don't be embarrassed to tell me if you need something i won't hesitate to give it to you"

Katrina and her mom were finally on good terms with one another, she learned to forgive her because if not she'd be blocking her own blessing at the end. She loved her mom and always will she was just so hurt at what her mother did to her because her she was somebody she looked up to when she was younger but she's just thankful that everything is behind them and in the past and she couldn't be more happy that she had a relationship with her mom again.

"The food was delicious, thank you for inviting me out"

"We might not be all the way there yet but you still deserve to be treated every once in a while" they hugged one another before pulling away and Katrina watched as her mom got into the car and she did the same going into the opposite direction. Grabbing her phone she called Amir.

"Hey mamas wassup" he sounded as if he was moving things around.

"Hey baby and nothing just came from lunch with my mom what you doing"

"Me and kennon trying to wrap these gifts for Jayden but his fat head ass keep ripping the wrapping paper" Katrina laughed at his frustration.

"You want me to come help I'm not that far actually"

"Yes please we desperately need help at this point" they said their goodbyes as karina started route to his house. Since the drive wasn't long at all she got there in no more then ten minutes. Parking the car she stepped out locking her car door before going to his door and unlocking it. The first thing she heard was fussing between the two boys.

"Nigga i said fold it over and tape it down , your momma never taught your dumbass how to wrap a present"

"Man shut up this women stuff, guys don't do this so you must be gay"

"Nah nigga I'm just educated unlike your retarded ass" Katrina finally made herself known

"Y'all chill out with the bickering too damn old for that" she walked over to Amir giving him a kiss before taking her shoes off and sitting down next to them.

"Finally i can get the hell outta here , thanks sis" kennon got up grabbed his things before dapping Amir off and leaving out.

"Y'all are a mess" Katrina laughed grabbing the part kennon messed up on before fixing it and wrapping the rest of the present herself .

"Man he ain't go no common sense sometimes"Katrina looked around the living room

"Amir why the hell you got him all these damn toys , i don't have enough room and neither does my grandma"

"Chill out that's my young boy he deserve to be spoiled i asked what he wanted and he gave me a list of things, i kinda picked up some extra stuff going over board"

"You are crazy but he's going to love this, this is going to be one Christmas to remember"

They talked as they continued the rest of the gifts which almost took them three hours because they had to go back to the store and get more wrapping paper and now it was now going on 7 and Katrina was finishing up dinner which was baked macaroni, fried chicken, corn bread , and greens. She washed out her final pot before calling Amir to come eat just as she sat down.

"Damn kay you tryna make a nigga fat or something"

"No boo i was just in the mood for soul food" she laughed before blessing over her food and eating.

"Imma still be full for Christmas and it's not till next week"

They both enjoyed the rest of their night just being with one another, Amir couldn't wait till Christmas to see the look on Katrinas face at what all he got her. He was a bit anxious but he know everything was going to be good in the end so he wasn't really worried.

Like comment share.

This book will be ending soon i don't plan on having the book continue on after Christmas because school is starting to get in the way and i know once i stop updating days at a time I'll eventually stop all together so to prevent that I'll be ending the book early.