Part Six: The Valley

The Nomad thought about what happened yesterday while lying in bed. Dutch insisted that he take a rest because he didn't want the Nomad to get into any more trouble than what had already happened. The Nomad was terrified by the extent of the cult and just how little was known about it. All it took was 6 more years. He estimated it took only about 10 years to set everything up to this point.

The Nomad went upstairs to Dutch's office. Dutch was busy communicating over the radio to any possible survivors. Dutch noticed the Nomad's presence and turned around quickly and greeted him with a smile.

"Hey kid, are you resting well? You really took some hits out there in the mountains." Dutch said.

The Nomad nodded and walked over to a map of the County. He then pointed in the direction of John's region.

"You've done plenty already, I'm almost to the point that I'm gonna keep you locked in here to keep you from wearing yourself out." Dutch laughs, although his tone was serious.

The Nomad crossed his arms in protest.

"Look if you really want to mess with the valley, you'll need to do a lot more than you think. John has spread his region out farther than you might think. His personal ranch is more fortified than ever. John isn't even in the County half the time either. He's taken over a nearby city and now has planes in and out of the valley all of the time." Dutch said while looking down at his desk.

"Although we haven't found a pattern yet, he definitely has some kind of schedule when he's here and when he's at his city. So for now, we don't know how to eliminate him." Dutch said.

The Nomad smiled a sinister grin. He knew what he had to do.

Dutch knew what the Nomad was thinking and followed up.

"I know what you're thinking, and no. You are not taking the Seed Ranch over. Not yet. You have to at least get Fall's End back. Though if you do, it won't be easy. Although I haven't seen it since my bunker became the only safe haven left, it was the biggest settlement in Hope County, so I can only guess it's gotten even bigger. It's around the middle of the Holland Valley, so you might have a tough time making it there." Dutch said before the Nomad could open the bunker door.

The Nomad nodded and headed outside once again. The night sky of Montana was as beautiful as when he had arrived. The Nomad needed to take advantage of the night as a way to silently make his way into the center of the valley. So he set out on a silent journey out to the Valley.

From Dutch's island he could see and travel to any part of the county that he wished, so he took in the view to calm his nerves before the nerve-racking expedition west. So it began, the first person to lead an expedition to the Holland Valley in years, nobody had dared venture outward before. However, now there is a revolution at hand and now is the time to take action, to keep feeding the fire of the resistance against Eden's Gate.

After crossing the river into the Holland Valley, it was already clear that something was different. The forest was noticeably less thick. As Eden's Gate grew, it must have used the Holland Valley as a primary source to support their needs, therefore the trees were used to make more wood for the addition of cult properties.

The Nomad again, avoided the main roads and ended up across the street from an outpost, what looked like an orchard, but picked clean. There were loud speakers that were broadcasting music and preaching from the Seed family. At one point over the speakers it said:

"The collapse is getting ever more imminent, my children. A misguided soul has come for our lives. Lives have already been lost to this soul. However, my children, we will save this lost soul. Brother John will cleanse them of their sins, we shall not kill those who are lost, but we must show mercy and compassion to direct them to the path."