two

Boarding the plane was a breeze, since it was only your class plus some other lone travelers. Mr. Dell and Mr. Harrington helped everyone store their carryons above.

Just as you got settled and started to talk about what you were looking forward to on the trip with Betty and MJ, Ned walked up to your seats.

"Uh, so sorry to bother you, but the lady in front of us has a lot of perfume on and Peter's starting to react to it." he said and you glanced back at Peter who was mouthing, 'just go with it.' 

You rolled your eyes at the ridiculousness of it all. "So what do you want us to do, Ned?"

Ned said, "Does one of you mind switching seats with him?"

"Oh, a perfume allergy? Is that what I hear?" Mr. Harrington got out of his seat. "Those are serious, believe me."

You exchanged glances with Betty and MJ, who were just as confused as you were. 

"Peter! C'mere," Mr. Harrington said then mumbled to himself, "We're about to do some rearranging."

Long story short, MJ ended up sitting with Brad (she was so excited, thumbs-upping your way), Ned and Mr. Dell replaced you and MJ's spots next to Betty and a row behind them, you, Peter, and Mr. Harrington sat.

You sighed as you got comfy in your new spot. Peter slumped in his seat next to you, trying to get a view of MJ and Brad.

"I don't understand why Mr. Harrington couldn't have just switched you with me," Peter said, craning his neck to see MJ and Brad using an adapter to watch a movie together.

"We don't always get what we want, huh?" You said, pulling out a book from your backpack.

Peter exhaled, long and breathy. "Oh, well. There goes phase one."

You narrowed your eyes at him, your desire for answers overpowering your common sense. You scribbled down a note, as Mr. Harrington was very close.

Why do you keep ditching classes and showing up the next day with bruises?

You slid it to him and watched his reaction carefully. His eyes widened at the question and he gulped. All the answers you needed.

He wrote back, the Stark internship calls at irregular times. The bruises are nothing.

He slid back the paper, not meeting your eyes.

Pete, you said you quit the internship way before the blip. It's been happening still.

I got it back.

You sighed, partly hurt he's still trying to evade the point. You knew that Stark Industries closed down internships a while ago, after Tony Stark passed. Look. If you don't want to tell me what you're up to, fine. But just know I'm still concerned about you.

I'm sorry, Y/n. It's just really complicated.

You decided to not press anymore, since he was becoming fidgety. But at least the last note proved he was up to something. You patted his knee before opening your (fave book) and being lost in that world.

------------------------------------------------------------

"Y/n, time to go!" Betty peered at you over the back of her seat. She had her backpack on her back and suitcase in the aisle.

You yawned and began to groggily pack your things. As you stood, you noticed Peter was still sleeping.

You ruffled his hair. "Peter... Pete, wake up, time to go."

He nuzzled into your hand in his sleep. "I don't want to."

You quickly snatched your hand from his face, surprised that he'd do that. Your heart thrummed in your chest, face heating up. You try to dismiss the butterflies in your stomach but they wouldn't go away. 

The sickening realization of the reactions hit you as you exited the plane and met up with Betty and MJ. 

"Hey!" Betty said, a grin stretching across her face.

You raised an eyebrow, smiling. "Someone's in a good mood." 

Betty giggled. "I have a boyfriend!"

You and MJ gasped. 

"Who?" MJ asked, and the both of you edged closer to Betty.

Betty giggled again. "Ned!"

You lurched back, so confused. "Ned?"

She nodded. "Yup! We sat together on the plane and we have a lot in common!"

You laughed out loud and congratulated her before going to find Ned.

"--turns out we have a lot in common." Ned was telling Peter.

"Hey, guys." You grinned at Ned and wiggled your eyebrows. "What happened to being an American bachelor in Europe?"

Ned blushed. "I became a man."

You raised your eyebrows, still grinning. "Well, congrats, man. Betty was so excited about your relationship." Ned beamed and went to meet up with his girlfriend.

"Well, at least he's found love." Peter sighed and stared at MJ.

"You know she's into Brad, right?" You said, following his gaze.

Peter looked at you incredulously. "What? No. That can't be."

"No, I'm serious. Since he didn't blip, all the girls are after him. That includes your MJ." You couldn't help but feel little sparks of jealousy.

"Really?" He groaned, running his hands through his hair. "My whole plan, ruined."

You chuckled and rubbed his back soothingly. "Don't worry. You'll get over her, promise."

Peter looked at you with thankful eyes. "Thanks, N/n. I don't know what I'd do without you."

Your heart was beating out of your chest when you looked away from him. "You'd be in a far worse condition, I'd believe." 

You couldn't ignore your reactions to the littlest things Peter does and you internally groaned and smacked yourself. You can't be and refused to fall for your best friend.