Elizabeth

I jolt up from my bed, panting for air. For a split second, it felt as if I was having a panic attack. Who wouldn't after you've just experienced a nightmare? I lay my head down onto my knees only to lift it back up as I felt something wet. I bring my hand up to my forehead and realize it was sweat. I could only sigh in disbelief.

This was the fifth time this month that I have woken up in the middle of the night. It has been the same nightmare so far. I remember it all too well from my childhood yet I never knew what it meant to me. The nightmares stopped when I was six years old. I'd have normal dreams after that. Since the first occurrence, those dreams would shift and change into horrific nightmares.

All of a sudden my alarm clock goes off. Telling me to get my ass up for the day. Turning off the alarm I get up to take a shower. Once I was finished, I go to grab my uniform out of the closet to get dressed. As soon as I was done I brush my hair and put on a little bit of makeup.

Finally, I grab my backpack along with my phone and keys then head out the door. I go get into my car and I plug in my phone to put on my playlist. The song I chose is Somebody To Love by one of the greatest bands of all time, Queen.

During my commute to work, I sang along with all my might and emotions to this song. As corny as it may sound, I would like to find someone to love and vice versa. Not in a romantic way but more of a family kind of love. The truth is, I've never known my own family. Hell, I don't even remember what my birth family used to look like. The weird thing about it is that I cannot remember anything about my past with the exception of my mother.

I have finally reached my destination, hell. Just kidding! I love my job at the daycare. Yes, my place of employment is none other than the Creative Kids of Las Vegas daycare center. Being around children is the part I love most about my job. I absolutely adore children! I would like to have kids of my own someday and if I don't, then I'll adopt children.

I make my way into the building and get to the staff room to clock in. "Well, look who's here bright and early this morning", Erin said. "Early yes. Bright, not so much without my coffee", I told her. "I would have made some already in the coffee machine but we ran out of coffee grounds", she said. "That's alright Erin. Coffee is actually the last thing on my mind right now", I said to her. Erin is my coworker here and my best friend. Ever since my first day on the job three years ago she has been nothing but an amazing friend and sister I've never had. Whenever I need her, even at my lowest points, she's there for me. Just the same as I am with her.

"Are you okay? Did you have those nightmares again"? she asked. "Yeah, I did and it's the same one every time. I cannot even comprehend as to why I'm having these nightmares", I explain to her. "Just remember, if you need anything I'm always here for you Elizabeth. Even if it means being an ear to listen" Erin tells me.

I smile at her. "Thank you, honey. It means the world to me". "No problem at all. Now go get your bottom to work! I've got a good feeling that it's gonna be a rough one today" she exclaims. "Alright, alright I'm going woman"! From that point on, I head on over to the pre-toddler classroom and brace myself for the craziest things to come.