1.46 | GOODBYE FOR NOW

Comincia dall'inizio

"Well don't rush to thank me all at once," the brunette stated sarcastically in response to their drawn-out silence. "It's not like I just saved your boyfriend's life or anything." She continued, smirking as she visibly saw them both grow uncomfortable. "Anyways, I should probably get going and let you two get back to doing... whatever it was you were doing," she finished suggestively before disappearing almost as quickly as she'd arrived.

"Wait, Katherine," Olivia attempted to call out to the brunette before she felt but seeing as she was evidently too later, she released a breath before re-taking her previous seat at the edge of Damon's bed, this time throwing her legs over whilst the Salvatore himself shifted into a more comfortable and upright position. "You know, I thought I lost you for a second there." Olivia then turned to the raven-haired vampire with a delicate smile gracing her lips.

"Yeah, I know the feeling." He muttered, not intending his words to sound as aggressive as they came across.

Olivia was rendered momentarily puzzled. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"You know what it's supposed to mean." He resorted, prompting Olivia to sigh, not particularly wanting to get into this right now. "Why did you try to sacrifice yourself for the ritual?"

"Damon..." Olivia trailed off, looking away from him. "Why does it even matter anymore?

"It matters because I almost lost you and I care too much about you to lose you." He reasoned; his voice initially started off gruff and harsh yet ended much softer.

"And what? You think I don't care about you?" She retaliated in exasperation. "Look, I'm sorry, okay? It was stupid and I shouldn't have done it."

"Don't you understand what it would do to me if something ever happened to you?"

"You can't do that, Damon." Olivia shook her head at his words. "You can't constantly get mad at me for sacrificing myself for all of you... for you." She paused, meeting his unreadable blue eyes. "...and then do the very same thing whilst expecting me not to care. You can't expect me to just sit there doing nothing whilst you get yourself killed trying to save me."

"But I deserve it Liv. I deserve to die." He brought back his previous words.

Olivia's former expression of irritation shifted into one of despair at those words. "No, you don't." She paused meaningfully. "Everyone always makes you out to be the reckless impulsive brother that intentionally brings people pain for his own selfish benefit... and whilst their description isn't all wrong, it's not the complete truth either." She informed him. "It's easier for them to just blame you for everything when sometimes you're not even partially at fault."

"Well, they must all look to me for a reason."

"That reason, Damon, is because you, unlike everyone else, are actually honest about your feelings and intentions. That doesn't make you a bad person." She smiled sadly back at him.

"I hurt you today, Olivia." His timid tone broke into one of abrupt harshness. 

"And I can tell that you regret it." She said in turn, tilting her head towards him in an attempt to get him to meet her eyes. "I forgive you."

"You shouldn't forgive me." He shook his head.

"Too bad." She smiled playfully back at him. "I already did." Surprisingly, he appeared to smile back at her weakly. "And since I'm on the whole forgiveness path, and considering you almost died, I'm willing to get past the fact you weren't intending on telling me about being bitten."

"And for now, I can get past the hypocrisy of your words, considering I barely know anything about you because you're so dang secretive all the time." He said, rightfully so. "Something I plan on changing." He added with a mischievous smile on his own lips.