"Oh my god? You don't believe in the yeti?"

"Hey." Monse said stopping in front of Ruby's gate. "Hey." We all said in unison.

"Sooo i'm cool if you're cool." Monse said. "I'm cool." I said. "I'm cool too." Ruby said. "I'm cool." Jamal said putting his hand on my thigh. "Cool." Monse said.

"What's in the sacks?" She asked. "Girl they put gator-" I said but Ruby and Jamal cut me off.

"Liquor." "Gatorade."

"I'll see you tomorrow?" She asked. We nodded and she smiled and walked away.

"Y/n can I talk to you real quick?" Ruby asked. I nodded. "In private." He added. I nodded and hopped off of Jamal's lap and went inside with him. He quickly pulled my arm and rushed to the bathroom.

"We could've talked in your bedroom."

"No abuelita is in there."

"Okay. What?" I crossed my arms a little.

"You like Jamal?" He stated with a more questioned tone. I stayed silent. "No secrets remember our promise."

We made a pinky promise when we were younger after he kept a secret that almost broke our friendship. Since then we told each other everything.

"Tell me. Do you?" I nodded. "Yeah."

"Since when?" He asked. "Shit, it sounds cliche but I've liked him since I've met him." I spoke quietly.

He looked shocked but happy. "You kept that secret for so long!" He yelled. I covered his mouth. "I didn't want to mess up our friendship. I should've told you but I was scared because I know how you are when it comes to me and boys."

"Who knows?" He asked. "Monse, Cesar, and um Latrelle." I said. His eyes went big when he heard Latrelle.

"You told Latrelle before me? Why?" He asked. He sounded hurt and he sat on the floor. I sat next to him.

"He kept on tryna' get with me and asked me out so I told him that i like someone else." I explained. "I understand."

"I'm sorry."

I hugged him from the side and he hugged back. We heard a knock on the door.

"Rubyyy? Y/nn?" Jamal yelled at the door. "Yeah babe?" I hollered back. "You guys good?"

"Come in, love!" He came in the bathroom.

"You guys look okay. What happened?" He asked closing the door and sitting next to me. "Nothing."

I stretched my legs out and while doing so Ruby and Jamal both hit my thighs. "Why!" I squealed as they laughed.

"What time is it?" I asked. Jamal looked on his phone. "7 something. why?" He asked. "We have school tomorrow. I'll see you babies tomorrow." We all got up.

"Bye Y/n." Jamal spoke first. "Bye Shortie." Ruby smirked, trying to switch it up. I waved and smiled.

When I was walking home, I took a longer way but forgot that the Prophet$ own a little more turf now and I saw Latrelle with a bunch of other Prophet's.

Luckily I wasn't wearing Santos colors. "Hey bae." I heard behind me. "Shit." I mumbled. I turned around.

"Hey Latrelle...and others." I fake smiled. He smiled and so did the others. "What are you doing here baby? You know this is Prophet territory." He asked coming closer to me.

"Please don't do anything." I whispered. "I'm not." He whispered back. "I was just walking home."

He waved his hand telling them to go back. He backed up and grinned.