002.

{Back to Where You Started}

________________

The Grants has successfully been moved into their new home in Hawkins for a week now. The girls were starting school, while Edward Grant started his new job. After saying his "see you after work!" to his four girls, he got into his car and headed over to his new place of employment; Hawkins National Laboratory.

Edward wasn't really a scientist, but he was hired on how well he knew Hawkins and well, the lab did need new people. He was not aware of the types of experiments the lad was doing, but it was a really great paying job, as long as he kept his work away from home.

Mary was more of a stay-at-home type of parent. A typical mom figure, who cooks, cleans, and does laundry. She did not mind at all, as she loved to get the girls up and off to school, then having her family come home to a clean house.

Tessa was twelve, so she would be in middle school. She was the same age as the four boys the twins once called their little brothers. Talia and Theresa were juniors in high school, the same grade as Steve Harrington and sadly, a grade above Jonathan Byers. Unlike the twins, Tessa knew absolutely no one.

When she got up that morning, her stomach was doing flips. She was scared to start a new school, to make new friends, getting to know everything. She sighed and sat up in her bed. Pushing her hair out of her eyes, Tessa got up and walked to the bathroom to brush her teeth.

She went back to her room, got dressed and went downstairs. Tessa smiled softly at her two older sisters and their parents. She was finally happy; a father who loves her as if she was his own, two wonderful sisters who treat her so kindly and her mother, who was finally happy after all the sadness she had endured.

Tessa sat across from the twins and thanked her mother who sat a plate, filled with various breakfast foods, in front of her. They all ate in silence before their father announced he had to leave. Kissing each girl on the head with a peck to Mary, Edward Grant left for work.

After their fast breakfast, the three girls bid Mary goodbye as they walked out to Talia's new car. The girls had been saving all the money they could to buy their own car one day, so they split the cost and each paid half. Talia was the one who drove the most, so they agreed that it was basically her car, but Theresa got to drive it sometimes, her being more of a passenger riding.

The drive to the schools were quiet, everyone being nervous. Talia parked the car and the girls sat there for a minute, collecting their nerves.

Tessa was the first to speak, "I-I don't want to be late. I'll see you both after school." The twins nodded.

Tessa slowly got out of the car, clutching her book bag to her chest. She walked over to the middle before she slung one strap over her shoulder. She gulped as she watched all the middle schoolers go inside. She's never been to a new school before, and didn't really want to start now. Half, because she was terrified of getting bullied and of embarrassment, the other half, being the new kid sucked.