001.

{Time After Time}

________________

Four years can change a person, a lot. The small town of Hawkins had lost four of its low population.
The town went on without them, but the lives of six boys would forever be changed.

The Byers were very close with the Grants. Edward Grant had grew up alongside Joyce Byers, them being life long friends. He had left to go away for college, but soon stayed for a while. Being away from home had Edward itching to go back. So, when he and his newly wed wife came back to the small, quiet town, he knew he never wanted to leave again.

Jonathan Byers was only a year younger than the Grant twins. He liked that he had friends close to his age, no matter how much he loved and cared for his younger brother. In kindergarten when Theresa met Steve, Talia and Jonathan grew closer. From a young age, it was no secret that Jonathan Byers and Talia Grant liked each other, but they just never got the chance to act on those feelings.

When Talia left, Jonathan was left with a piece of himself missing, but over time that piece of him started filling in. With the help of Nancy Wheeler, the older sister of Mike Wheeler, one of his brother's best friends. Jonathan knew Nancy and she knew him, but they weren't really friends, more of acquaintances.

This did not stop the growing feeling Jonathan got when he looked her way. His palms would sweat and his heart would skip a beat. No one would ever know about his feelings towards Nancy, even if he didn't try to hide them.

But when junior year came around and Nancy started seeing Steve Harrington, Jonathan hid his feelings a little more, denying them. He couldn't believe someone like Nancy Wheeler would go for someone like Steve Harrington. Good girl Nancy and King Steve would never work.

Will Byers had known the twins his whole entire life. They were much older than him and his friends, but no one seemed to mind. When the boys had gotten into Dungeons & Dragons, the Grant twins had joined their party. For a few years, the six of them would sit in the Wheeler's basement, playing the campaign they had planned for weeks.

Over time, the girls would stop playing and just sit in the background, watching their young friends play their favorite game of all time. Just because the girls didn't play the game, didn't mean they were kicked out of the party. They would always be their Druid and Rouge.

When the girls moved away, the boys felt like they were always missing big chunks of their lives. Will would wake up and go out to the kitchen, always expecting to see Talia stuffing her face with whatever breakfast was made that morning. Mike Wheeler would find himself staring out at the house next to his own. He felt like he was waiting for the Grant's car to pull up into the drive away, that it was all a dream.