Let's Go Back A Bit...

Chapter 5: Let’s Go Back A Bit

Okay, just so that no one is confused at all, this is going to be a back flash.

Also, thanks to sk8ergrl2829 for making the cover, I love it!!

Read on,

Ash

-------------------------

I stared into his eyes. They were slate grey, filled with an unrecognizable look that I had seen so much more often these few months.

I had told myself that it was love. But somewhere deep in my gut, there was a cold, hard rock that held the truth. 

He was a liar. 

_______

I stuffed my books into my small over-the-shoulder backpack and looked around for him.

Luke Kellen and Violet Drew.

Violet Drew and Luke Kellen.

Luke and Vi.

Vi and Luke.

We were the so called 'perfect couple'. I was the carefree girl and he was the hot guy who was just her type. We went on movie dates and had bonfires. We were Prom queen and king.

I was so happy. And I truly believed that he was too. That he cared.

I continued looking before two big hands covered my eyes. 

"Guess who," came a familiar, deep voice.

I spun around, coming face to face with Luke.

My Luke.

He pressed his lips to mine. I immediatley untensed my shoulders and wrapped my hands around his neck. I can feel him smile against my lips.

His hand runs along my shoulder blade, stopping above my scar from where he hit me with the glass bottle.

I flinch away.

His eyes flash before he pulls away from me.

"For God's sake, Vi. It didn't hurt that bad," he says, his grip on my hand tightening.

I squirm, but know better than to pull away.

"I'm sorry," I say quietly.

"You just aren't greatful," he says with a scowl, letting go of me completley.

He storms off in the other direction, leaving me to feel ashamed and upset at myself.

-------------------------------------------------

I sit in Luke's nice blue car as we pull into his driveway.

He is back to his normal mood and so am I.

He wraps his arm around my waist before taking me in to his house. It is medium sized with lots of windows and fancy glass showpieces.

He grabs my hand and pulls me upstairs to his bedroom, where he opens the door for me like a gentleman. 

I walk into his white walled room and lay down on my back on his bed.

Luke flops down next to me.

"Where are your parents?" I ask, rolling over onto my stomach.

"At work," Luke responds casually, looking up at me. 

I giggle and stand up, reaching for my backpack.

Luke stands up as well and kicks the backpack out of my reach, reaching for my waist.

He pulls me as close as he can, whispering in my ear, "Not yet."

I think back to the last time he acted like this. It was close to 2 months ago. 2 months ago when he bought me flowers and kissed my daily. The last two months had been mostly him screaming and hitting me for talking to other guys. So I had stopped talking to any other men other than him and my dad. 

But he still seemed to find a reason to hit me. 

The most recent reason had been when he said I love you to me and I said nothing back. He had hit me with a beer bottle. He said that it shouldn't have hurt.

No apology. No sorry.

He called me weak instead. That was when I began to stop pulling away. I would just let him hit me until his anger was out. Then he would kiss me and tell me that he loved me.

Lies. All lies.

I am pulled back to reality as he presses his lips against mine, using one hand to cup my cheek and the other on my waist.

I kiss him back, and we both end up gasping for air. He pulls be bcak into another kiss before using his hands to wrap my legs around his waist. 

Something feels off.

He lays me down on the bed before breaking the kiss to reach for the bottom of my shirt.

Everything seems wrong. 

I use my hands to hold his, and mustering every ounce of courage in my body I say just one word that I know will bring so much anger. 

"No."

His eyes seem to blaze. He slaps me 3 times across the face, making me sob, my body wracked with shivers.

He tries to pull off my pants but I resist. 

He punches me in the stomach, forcing me to roll over onto my side. 

But I feel strange. I just stood up to Luke. Bad things are to come. 

One punch and a few slaps are the punishment I receive for not saying sorry. This has to be much worse.

He reaches for the picture frame holding our picture before smashing it on the ground. 

He grabs the shard of glass that broke off, running it painfully down my arm with all of his force.

I scream and he presses his hand onto my mouth, covering my nose as well.

I am now silent, my arm shaking in agony.

Suddenly he lets go, opening the door and storming down the stairs. 

I follow him, yelling sorry.

I still loved him.

He sits in the car and I sit in the passenger seat. 

It is silent as we drive.

"I'm sorry," I whisper.

"Really?" He yells. "I have done so much for you, Violet. This is how you repay me?"

I just sit in my seat.

"Tell me that you love me," He says, not looking at me.

I ignore his question pressing my hand to my arm, trying to stop the bleeding, but it is in vain. The cut will definitely need stitches. My light pink shirt is covered in blood.

I can feel him getting angry. He reaches across the seat, making me sit against the door in fear.

Suddenly he opens the car door. Going 40 mph on a town road. 

I am pulled out of the car by the air suction. My hair is all over, blocking my view. I can hear him slam the car door in the distance. My body hits something hard and pointy and all I can feel is pain.

I thought I loved him.

But the heart can be a liar.

____________

This was such a heavy chapter for me to read. The song of the chapter is Try by P!nk.

I think it kind of relates to the chapter.

And on a separate note, Please, know that you can talk to me about anything. I am on wattpad every single day, so please, never hesitate to contact me is you ever need to talk.

You deserve better.

Love,

Ash