ten days

the weather was getting closer now, mike and el seen each other last month. they already miss each other. she was so happy when it was thanksgiving, she couldn't stop the smile on her face, she was jumpy with excitement ready to see mike.

that thanksgiving they spent the entire time next to each other. they held hands when they were standing side by side, they would sneak glances at each other but quickly look away blushing when one of them caught the other, they even held hands under the dinner table..they really missed each other.

she didn't want the night to be over, spending all her time with mike.

before she loses him again...

mike didn't wanna leave. he missed her so much during that chilly october, he thought that he would finally get to spend a halloween with her. seeing her dress up and her excited asking questions when she didn't understand something. stay in his basement and watch horror movies as he held her in case she got scared, laying under a warm blanket with a bucket of candy and feed each other. that's what he thought would happen, but when he found out the byers were moving and taking el with them..he knew that wasn't gonna happen.

so this time he actually has her, he wants to spend every minute, every second with her.

before he loses her again..

now it was december. they would call each other every night to talk. she would even just call him to hear his voice so she can sleep..he always calms her down and makes her feel safe. just his voice made her feel like she was in his arms, her own little home protected with four walls and a roof.

he didn't complain at all. he would just talk about random things, about the a.v club, school, dustin getting on his nerves with the whole suzie thing still—which she would giggle cutely at and make him smile through the walki. he would stay on that call until he heard her steady soothing breaths of her sleeping, not daring to end the call even when he fell asleep—both of them waking up with a dead battery sometimes.

but now it was ten days till christmas. ten days till he gets to see el again.

"ten days el! can you believe it?" mike said smiling widely over the walki

"ten days too long..i wish i was with you.." yesterday it was eleven days and mike kept joking about it saying "eleven days till i see my eleven" she thought it was funny so she laughed, but hearing his jokes and his laugh makes her realize how much she really does miss him. a lot.

"i know me too." he can't say 'tomorrow' because she's away now. he can't ride his bike over to her house and hug and kiss her until it gets dark..

she sighs sadly "i really miss you"

"i really miss you too" it wasn't fair they were separated for three hundred and fifty three days. they spent every day together for six months. she promised he wouldn't lose her again..but she couldn't help it this time..they just wanna be together. holding each other, their lips touching as they listened to love ballads, their hearts becoming one for how much love they have for each other.

"it's just ten days el..we can do this. we went way lon-"

"don't remind me" that was one of the most longest year's of her life. one that has a lot of memories, memories with her and hopper who she misses so much just as much as mike.

"right im sorry.."

"don't be it's okay..but ten days."

"ten days."

those ten days went by quickly and they were so happy, jumping with joy that it was finally christmas day.

joyce drove them all back to hawkins and el looked out the window seeing all the snow on the ground, making the then orange and red colored leaves disappear and become branches full of the white fluffy snow. she rolled the window down and put her hand out the window, feeling the cold air nip at the skin on her hand as she smiles brightly. even though hawkins has a lot of bad memories for her..it's still her home..it's still where mike is.