000.

CHAPTER ZERO
pre-grease

Sandy and Roxy Olsson have moved from Sydney, Australia over the summer

Sandy and Roxy Olsson have moved from Sydney, Australia over the summer. Roxy didn't really know why, their father's lame excuse was, "There was a change of plans."

Sandy was upset about it since she loved her old school and friends, but Roxy was undecided. She wasn't one to make friends, really. She was always hot-headed, unlike her sister, and usually got into arguments and fights back at her old school. Sometimes, Roxy thinks that maybe that was the reason they moved. Everyone disliked Roxy.

"You catch more flies with honey," her mother, Elisa, would say. Roxy would roll her eyes and walk out of their mansion in Australia, trying to find some trouble around the posh parts of town. Her life was boring, she thought, that's why she would stay out late and mess around with some of the town outcasts. Much to her family's dismay.

As of now, the family was settling into their nice, pale yellow house in Venice, Los Angeles in California. Roxy had her hair styled in small, soft curls and the hair that framed her face were pulled back and pinned behind her head with a pearl barrette.

"Why is your hair like that?" Her mother asked when she stepped into her barren room. The walls were colored a pale yellow like the outside of the house and the windows had lace curtains that hang from the top to cascade down the sides.

"What do you mean?" Roxy asked as she looked back at her reflection in her vanity mirror. She turned her head to the side then to the other to examine it.

"Your curls should be bigger, and pinned up," her mother pointed at Roxy's hair. "Or just bigger in general, like mine."

Roxy glanced at her mother's voluminous hair and just stood up. "Is there a reason you came into my room?"

"Actually, yes," Roxy's mother nodded. "We need some boxes for Sandy's shoes and clothes that don't fit into her closet." Roxy rolled her eyes at this. Of course they didn't fit, there were too many.

"And?" Roxy folded her arms over her silk robe-clad chest.

"And we need you to go down to Bargain City to pick some up," her mother said, handing Roxy a five-dollar bill. "Would this cover five of those?"

"Yes," Roxy looked at the bill. And two packs of cigarettes. "Just barely."

"Good," her mother turned to leave but stopped and turned around to point at her daughter. "And put on a dress."

Roxy watched her mother leave to untie her robe. She grabbed a pair of high-waisted, light blue shorts and a pale yellow checkered blouse with no sleeves. She tied the blouse right under her breasts and slipped on some dainty tennis shoes her mother insisted she got.

She slipped the five dollar bill into her bra and stepped outside her room and shut the door. Sandy walked up the stairs with her hands holding the front of her mint green dress up. Sandy stopped walking when she saw her sister.