Prologue

Auradon. It's beautiful, isn't it? The teenagers known as Izzy, Yeva, Mal, Malia, Evie, Carlos and Jay, the daughters of Queen of Hearts, Yzma, Maleficent and Evil Queen respectively, and the son of Cruella De Vil, and the son of Jafar, they called this land home now. They weren't always here.

They each had colors for themselves, some of their colors overlapping. Izzy was always wearing red and black, with some gold, and only those colors in all her outfits, the red and black usually equal in her outfit. Yeva was always wearing purple and black, with some pink thrown into the mix as accessories such as little hats or jewelry. Mal and Malia were always wearing a combination of blue, purple and green in their outfits. Evie was always wearing mostly blue as her main color, with some red as accessories such as leather gloves or jewelry. Carlos was always wearing mostly white and black outfits, but with a little bit of red like his mother, mostly just as leather gloves, headphones, jeans/leather pants, or shoes, but black and white were his dominant colors. Jay was always wearing a combination of red, blue and yellow, all dark shades, sometimes the yellow so dark it looked golden brown. Overlapping colors included red for Izzy, Evie, Carlos and Jay, blue for Evie and Jay, purple for Yeva, Mal and Malia, and black for Izzy, Yeva, Evie and Carlos.

They were born on the Isle of the Lost, where all the villains had been banished, locked away for good. That was until princely brothers Ben, Anthony and Bane decided the children should have a chance, along with their best friends, Scottish half-mermaid princesses, Ara and Mari. So the seven Villain Kids, the VKs, came to Auradon.

Long story short, Mal and Malia turned their mother into a lizard, Izzy trapped her mother inside their family's scepter, and Yeva turned her mother into a cat, all within the first few weeks they had been in Auradon. Now, Anthony is his king. Mal is his dragon, soon-to-be queen. Malia is Prince Ben's girlfriend, and Mari is Prince Bane's girlfriend.

From the scepter where her mother was trapped, the Queen of Hearts continued to relentlessly torture Izzy mentally and magically. The object was charmed with good magic from the inside, meaning that if you've ever seen the show Once Upon a Time, you would know that even in a Land Without Magic, like the Isle of the Lost, an object charmed with magic on the inside could still work, even if not very well due to the fact that something wicked was inside the good magical totem, and if it was being used by someone in Izzy's bloodline since the scepter was spelled for her mother.

Six months after being in Auradon and with her mother trying to drive her insane, Izzy was forced to run back to the Isle, where she ran into her and Yeva's ex-friends, Uma, her sister River, Harry, Gil, and his brother Gaige. River and Gaige, who had a crush thing going on but never explored it because River believed that the Isle was no place for love. Izzy was also confronted with her present and past feelings for her ex-boyfriend Harry when Izzy and Yeva had to face off with their former friends in the last book, who had all been out to get even with Mal and Malia.

What Izzy and Yeva did not yet know, was the reason why Uma, River, Gaige, Harry and Gil did not like Mal and Malia at all. When they were younger, Izzy and Yeva, in Gaige's words, had tried to do the impossible--be friends with the five pirates, and Mal, Malia, Evie, Jay and Carlos at the same time. Mal and Malia believed that Izzy and Yeva were too good to be friends with pirates and wanted them in their crew completely, so they humiliated Uma and River, creating a year-long feud between the dragons and the octopus sisters. Evie, Jay and Carlos did not know the truth behind that either, seeing as Mal and Malia didn't want to lose their friends, but they changed for the better when coming to Auradon, but with more and more secrets piling up, will they all their friends either way? Or will Izzy and Yeva be successful in finally bridging the gap between their former pirate friends and their current best friends of Mal, Malia, Evie, Jay and Carlos?

Uma and River were also related to Ara and Mari as second cousins. Ara and Mari's grandfather Triton was Ursula's, Uma and River's mother, brother, and their father was Poseidon, who was brother to other gods like Hades, Zeus, etc, so what happens when Ara, Mari, Uma and River also find out that they're also related to Mal and Malia through Poseidon and Hades?

Yeva and Izzy had been spending so long trying to get other kids like them and the other VKs a fighting chance over in Auradon, to save all of them. And while the kingdom was reluctantly agreeing to allow four more kids to come over, they didn't want to take the chance of letting anyone out if they took too many over at once. It seemed that for now, Yeva and Izzy's dreams of rescuing the other VKs from the Isle was going to come true, but they didn't know which way that dream would come, or if it could turn into a nightmare.

Ara and Mari also had a great sense of sympathy and companionship with Villain Kids, as they were once hated by Auradon for being daughters of Merida and Aquatic, Ariel's younger brother, for being Scottish half-mermaid princesses because they were different from everyone else, but now, after saving Auradon twice, they are fully accepted. Ara and Mari are determined to make sure that other VKs are accepted as well, even going so far as to make a place for them, and for VKs, to all hang out away from others, and to have a great time whenever things were feeling low. After having fought with Ara and Mari, will Uma and River see that their cousins are actually working harder for the rights of VKs and even going so far as to give them a place to be themselves, and maybe even start to have a good relationship with Triton's granddaughters, when their mother Ursula had tormented all their family years ago? Could these four cousins, along with Mal and Malia, finally stop warring and have a good, or at least decent, bond?

Prince Bane is also about to have a dream come true. The people of Auradon and all over the world are finally accepting that a prince who practices magic can be a good prince, and knowing that he's studied the art since very little, after first meeting his best friend, half-mermaid Mari and seeing what she could turn into, and the magic she and her older sister Ara could possess, now the people in their kingdom and neighboring kingdoms are asking from all around if Bane could be a magical tutor for their kids. Bane was hesitant at first, but after a brief talk of encouragement from his now-girlfriend Mari, and his Lady of Auradon now, he decided that he would definitely love to teach magic to other kids, and Mari gave him the idea to put together a school of magic to teach everyone who wanted to come, in the process of putting the school together and building it while everything else was going on, with the help of magic and their friends and the kingdom's constructions. Together, can Bane and Mari really put together a school and teach other kids like them to hone their own magic? Or will it be a fail?

And Yeva is about to figure out a lot more about herself and her family. While Yeva and Izzy, with their past with Uma, River, Gaige, Harry and Gil, and Izzy's relationship with Harry, things could either go very bad for them and their alliances, or very good.

And while all of this is going on with many questions left to be answered, how will all of them fare when they all have to work together to stop the new threat to Auradon?

Let's find out, shall we?