There's Something About Peter (Platonic Avenger - Peter Centric)

Start from the beginning

Peter giggled a bit. His heart had swelled when he heard Tony compliment and defend him.

May was away for two weeks. She had mandatory new medical technology training and a refresher course in California to attend, and, with Peter's insistence, decided to stay in San Diego with a friend for another week to enjoy the weather and the beach. Although Peter claimed that he was 'pretty much an adult', she called Tony to tell him and ask him if he would be fine handling an emergency if one came up. He offered to just take Peter in for the time period, and the plan was made.

The next morning, he stretched and strolled into the kitchen. He was bent over intently staring at all the boxes of the cereal when his senses notified him that something, not dangerous, was nearby. "Hey intern, you using X-Ray vision to inspect the cereal of something?" Sam joked. "Um, no. I've never had any of these kinds before." May would never buy these sugary, popular brand cereals. "Well, if you aren't starving, I was going to make pancakes for everyone. Do you want any?" Peter nodded enthusiastically, "How can I help?" Sam chuckled and motioned for him to sit down, "Don't worry about it."

"Good morning," Steve and Bucky both walked in cheerfully after their post-run shower. Tony and Bruce were groggy because they were up late with some experiment. Clint looked excited at the big breakfast and Natasha was as collected as always. Peter jumped off his seat and gave Bruce a big hug, "I haven't seen you in so long." Bruce laughed, "It's only been a few weeks, but I missed you too. Tony said you had a breakthrough with the new "Widow's Bites" we were making?" Peter made like he was going to head for the lab before Tony put his hand on the kid's shoulder and groaned, "At least eat your breakfast. It's too early for that energy."

Peter sat down as Sam slid a full plate toward him. He eagerly dug in. "These are the best wheat cakes I've ever eaten. Thank you Mr. Wilson!" "You can call me Sam, and what's a wheat cake?" "I'm assuming it's one of his aunt's health "food" meals," Tony's air quotes emphasizing his thoughts on healthy food, "Kid, slow down and chew. You're gonna choke." Peter was momentarily distracted when his phone chimed and he smiled as he scrolled through the memes and updates Ned sent him. He looked up from the screen to see everyone staring at him, "Sorry. Bad table manners. I won't do it again." He sat up straighter and removed his elbow from it's place at the edge of the table. They were still staring when he got up and started clearing the dishes and handing them off to Tony's dish washing robot, because of course he had one. "Did he just eat twelve pancakes?" Bucky wondered aloud. Months of cooking for two super soliders caused Sam to forget how much food was normal in the morning, but he was just going to leave the extras for people to snack on. He did not expect the kid to eat enough for an army. Noted for later.

"He's a growing boy," Bruce cut the astonished silence with a nonchalant comment like it was totally normal. "Dr. Banner! Let me show you the Bites!" Tony, Peter, Bruce, and Natasha headed down to the lab after their meal. Peter proudly showed off his contributions, but kept adding that Tony did most of the work, which Tony refuted every time. Natasha smiled at their little interactions. She could tell Tony cared about this kid. "Just an intern" her ass. Once they were done, she offered to take Peter to the gym. "Do you want to watch Steve knock the shit outta Clint?" Peter gave her a concerned glance. "Don't worry, Cap holds back his strength when sparring with anyone who isn't Bucky or Tony in the suit." His breath hitched with anticipation. Living with superheroes and watching them train? It was like a dream come true. Maybe he could sneak a picture for Ned.

True to Natasha's word, Steve had beaten Clint easily. Peter wondered why he would even keep attempting to fight Steve. Even if he somehow managed to use the element of surprise or some other trick, without serious artillery, there was no way the super solider was going down. Clint groaned and stumbled to his feet, "That's going to leave a bruise." "Sorry, I didn't mean to-" Clint cut off Steve's apology "Nah, I wanted you to man." Peter watched all of them and marveled at their strength and technique. He decided that watching Clint hit all the moving targets with his bow was the most interesting and was quickly entranced with the show. A sudden jolt to his nerves alerted him to the flying water bottle moments before Sam yelled "Watch out." He reached his hand and caught it without even glancing away from the arrow whizzing toward the realistic alien target. Sam's mouth was gaping open and Bucky's eyes were wide when Peter faced them. "Hey, this is one of those metal ones that everyone's been talking about recently. Do they really keep your water cool for a whole day?" "Uh, yeah. I like it. How did you catch that?" Bucky finally responded. "Good reflexes or something," Peter shrugged and went to his room for some homework.