Chapter 21 - Sight Seeing

Zacznij od początku

"Hey!" He said as he started the engine.

"Hey." The nerves started up again.

"You look..nice" His tone slightly reserved.

"Not too bad yourself there, Ricciardo" He looked so good in a plain white t-shirt - it should be fucking illegal!

"I'm in a t-shirt and jeans..you are- " he looked me up and down, I tensed under his stare.

"Ready for breakfast!" I finished before he could say anything else. I don't do compliments, especially not from him.

"You.." He said as he shook his head. "Okay so, first I want to go park the car back at the hotel. It's a small town we can walk anywhere we want to go, that cool?"

"Yeah, that's fine, but then food. I'm starving!"

"As you wish, m'lady" He snickered. I shook my head at him now. Stupid boy.

Shit, the hotel!

"Dan? You didn't by any chance find me somewhere to stay did you?" I asked after we pull up to the hotel parking lot.

"Ahhh, about that... I tried. I really did. I got reception to call all the hotel's within half hour from here and no one has any opens or cancellations. So, I figured..if you're okay with it you could stay with me."

What! Stay with HIM, in his room.. all night! "I'll sleep on the couch, of course! - it's a pull-out, or we can see if they can organise a second bed for the room or whatever...If you're okay with it..." He rambled off on a tangent.

"Dan - That's fine. Thanks for making the effort. I appreciate it. We'll sort out sleeping situations later." I smiled, still slightly worked up from the parallel possibilities of that conversation's direction...

We jumped out the car and walked out of the parking lot, across the road and into an alleyway. Where the hell are we going?

"To a small cafe around the corner. Found it last year when we were here." Did I say that out loud?

"Yeah, you did darl'n" He laughed "You do that a lot, you know?"

"Only with you for some reason." As the words escape, my eyes went huge and I covered my mouth. This made Daniel laugh even louder. I couldn't help but join him in laughing at myself. What a fucking idiot! He was not supposed to hear that...

"What? Was I not supposed to hear that for some reason?" His eyebrow lifted with interest and cheek. I went blood red looking at the way his smile twitched in the corner. He knew what he was doing. Fucking flirt!

"Shut up, I'm tired and hungry and not functioning properly," I gave him puppy eyes and then quickened my pace to amplify my act. I realised how stupid this was when I turned around and he wasn't there. "Daniel!?"

"Over here miss sassy pants!" He was standing at the door of what looked to be our first stop. I'm an idiot...  A cute little cafe just like the one Jen and I went to, except this one had a blue and white theme. Beautiful. He was still flailing around trying to get my attention.

"I'm coming, don't piss your pants!" I said as I walked through the door he held open for me.

"Wooo, she's feisty!"

"Wooo, and he's five" I echoed his childish tone.

"Six!" Stupid boy. I couldn't hold back my smile anymore.

We sat down in the far corner of the family-owned business. There was more privacy here than the tables outside, at least that's why I think we sat here. I was absolutely starving and although Dan knew this, I didn't tell him that it was partly due to the fact that I hadn't eaten anything other than the breakfast I had with him and his parents yesterday. He'd just lecture me as he has before and I'm not about that life.

The waitress came to take our orders and my hunger took over "Vaig a tenir una hamburguesa de pollastre i un suc de taronja, si us plau" (I'll have a chicken burger and an orange juice, please)

"Woah, where did that come from?" Daniel asked, completely flabbergasted. My turn to laugh at him.

"What, you don't speak Catalan?" I asked, that attitude making a reappearance.

"Pfft, yeah. I just didn't want to impress you too much. We're in public Alexia." He scolded me. I snorted with laughter.

Our waitress was so confused at this point. I just told her to get the same for him and thanked her.

After some further joking around our food arrived.

"Ah, that's what you ordered for us." He said with that bottomless smile

"I love how you just assumed that I had ordered for you!"

"Like you would hang me up to dry.." He dramatically rolled his eyes. "Besides I speak the language remember" The look on his face insisted that I was dumb.

"Right, of course. My bad. How could I forget?"

A/N:
Guys I can't even begin to explain how happy this makes me... We've reached 3K!! Never did I ever expect this kind of feedback from something I've written!! You all are amazing, don't forget to spread the love vote, comment and follow me for news and updates on the story.
Love you all 😘
-C xx