Chapter 21 - Sight Seeing

Start from the beginning

"Daniel, it's okay. I would never think that you would. I like the sound of three meals though."

"Yeah? So when can you be ready? I'll get you a Redbull on the way to fetch you."

"Fetch me?"

"Yeah, I'm at the new hotel. Our rooms are all only booked until 10am?"

"What? All of our rooms?"

"Yeah? You didn't know? They're fully booked this week. So was this hotel, but they were able to slot me in after a cancellation. You don't have a new room? It's season time, you're going to struggle to find anything this short notice!"

"Okay, okay. Calm down. No, I had no idea about the room. I just figured HR took care of the rooms when I put my leave in. Fuck, which hotel are you in. Maybe I'll be lucky with them too.."

"I'll call reception and see what they can do, don't worry we'll sort this out. You just worry about getting dressed and packing. You have an hour!"

"Shit! Okay, thank you Daniel."

"Ohh I don't like that!"

"Like what?"

"You... calling me Daniel. Its weird"

"It's your name?" Confused...

"You sound mad when you say my full name. Are you mad at me?"

"No, Danny-boy I'm not mad at you" I smile wider

"That's more like it."

"Okay I only have an hour to make the Grinch look like Barbie, so I'm going to go. Call me if you find something kay?"

"You're funny when you're tired and you always look beautiful, Barbie ain't got nuth'n on you girl!"

"Bye now" I giggled into the phone.

"Cheers"

I forgot again.. How does he do that? I'm smiling like the Cheshire cat, stupid boys! I chastised myself again for sounding like a hormonal 13-year-old. Shit! I almost forgot, hotel room. How the fuck did I not know this!? What the hell am I going to do? Right, Daniels on it. Shit. Got to get ready, get packed. First - Shower!

After my ridiculously quick shower, I got to choosing my outfit. Looking out of the window I figured this would be the perfect day to whip out my mini skirt and bandeau/crop top. It was a scorcher! I paired it with my white sneakers and gold accessories.

Feeling confident about the way I looked, for the first time in ages, it feels like, I started to gather my things and pack them into my suitcase as I went. When I was certain all my belongings were packed away and I had checked out, I texted Daniel to let him know I was ready. I wanted to get breakfast early so that we could start our adventures and get as much sightseeing in as possible.

I was sitting on a bench outside the hotel with my bags on the floor beside me when a dark grey, shiny new Megane RS pulled up in front of me, two valets swarmed around the car as Daniel stepped out looking dashing as ever. I still couldn't get over the fact that this guy I've been watching on TV, supporting for years is now one of my closest friends, a lot has changed since meeting him, but his looks still get me - every time!

"Just stopping gents, just need to get this young lady's luggage into the back and then we'll be off!"

"No problem, sir" Was the reply he got from two Spanish accents

One of the young men walked around to the passenger side of the car to open the door when Daniel intercepted with a wink from him and a nod in return the exchanged some silent conversation. Males! I rolled my eyes, but thanked Daniel with a smile and climbed in.