He nods in response which makes me huff. Smirking smugly, he stands and steps in between my legs which causes my breath to hitch. I stare into his emerald eyes and try my hardest not to get lost in them. He tucks a stray strand of my hair behind my ear and the warmth from his touch makes me shiver.

"I can train you." His hands rest on my hips, gentle yet firm.

"You will?!"

"Yes." He murmurs as he stares at my lips for a moment longer before his eyes meet mine, almost as if he snapped himself out of a trance. "Although it might not be a good idea."

"Maybe Benno should –"

He grips my jaw with one hand and pulls me flush against him with the other. "If Benno values his life, he will continue to refuse training you."

My jaw drops at his sudden possessiveness. "You threatened him?! He's just my guard, Ivan!"

"And you are my mate!"

"You don't trust us?" I frown as I look down at my hands.

"I trust you both, but I can't have you hate me for losing control and allowing my beasts to rip Benno to shreds for touching what's ours." He growls before tilting my chin up so that I meet his gaze.

I don't realize I'm pouting until he bites my bottom lip and tugs on it, making me gasp loudly. "Stop pouting, Солнышко . You know I can't help my possessive nature." (Little sun)

I roll my eyes but a grin forms on my lips as I hop off the desk. "Fine, I'm still going to plan a party though."

"A ball." He corrects which makes me turn to him wide eyed. "You wouldn't want an angry kingdom on your hands, would you my queen?"

His emphasis on the title makes me remember my position in this world. Apparently if any event is planned at the castle, the kingdom's people must be invited to celebrate with us. I think about the amount of people that would be attending and it makes a bout of anxiety course through me. What would everyone think of a human queen? Would they protest or would they accept me? I wonder to myself.

"Oh..." I bite my lip worriedly. "How about we just do something together?"

"No." He grins boyishly with a mischievous glint in his eyes. "Because of your excellent persuasion skills, I've realized that I would like to celebrate my birthday after all. Happy planning."

"I hate you."

He tilts his head to the side and stares at me intensely, knowing that my words don't match my feelings for him. But there's also something else, something that's burning intensely beyond the surface.

"Are you sure about that?" He murmurs in a dangerously low voice with a warning in his eyes.

"You know I'm kidding." I shake my head with an amused smile.

"I'll see you at dinner, Малышка." I flush when he calls me little one. I know some of his nicknames for me because he told me all the translations over the summers we used to visit each other.

"Bye." I wave before leaving his office.

The smile drops as soon as I close the door and I march down the hallways to find Benno. Hendrix catches up to me with a smirk, making me whirl around and point an accusing finger at him. He laughs gleefully before biting his lip when he catches my murderous glare.

"You knew!"

He pulls out a muffin with a puppy dog look on his face which makes me hesitate before eventually taking it from his hands. The castle's cook makes the best double chocolate muffins and I can never resist. He chuckles when I tell him that he's forgiven but it's muffled due to the bite I have just taken of the sweet treat. But as we're walking, I hear Benno's voice from the private dining room. I immediately rush towards it and catch him about to leave out of the room.