The helper approached them to say that the guest room is ready. Tita Midz accompanied Richard to his room.
"Get some rest, Hijo. Let's talk tomorrow morning.."
Richard nodded, "Thank you, Tita.."
Tita Midz gave her a pat and leaves.

Richard woke up because the sun rays are hitting his face and of course, due to a headache. He never thought that a few bottles would give him a hangover. He sat up and as soon as he did, the door opened and Tita Midz entered, followed by two maids with a breakfast tray and an extra set of clothes and left as soon as possible.

"Good morning, Hijo."
Richard just gave a timid smile.
"Kumusta ang pakiramdam mo? Kumain ka na para may laman yang tiyan mo."
Richard grabbed the cup of coffee and took a sip. Tita Midz was just sitting near him watching him eat. He was half way done when she asked him, "anong plano mo ngayon?"
"I don't know, Tita. But I guess, I need to go home. Wala po akong plano sa ngayon."
"You can't stay like this, Richard. Tandaan mo, you still have a career. I heard you have a project."
"Pero, Tita.. Paano ko naman gagawin yun? Paano ako magtatrabaho? Paano ko makakalimutan to?"
"You won't."
Richard looks at her.
"Hijo, you will never forget her or your love for her because she is and will always be a part of you. She will always be in your heart. However, someone is now in her heart. And that someone is now her husband."

Her husband. She's married.

Tita Midz stood up and sits beside him. Richard looks like he was about to cry again. Tita Midz held his hands, "Richard, look at me.." and he did. "I want you to move forward. You had your chance to be happy with her, but now she found someone who will make her happy for the rest of her life."

A tear fell from his eye and he immediately wiped it off.
"Naiintindihan ko kung anong pinagdadaanan mo. Pero gusto ko din malaman, mahal mo ba ang fiancé mo?"
Richard kept quiet.

"Richard?"
He looks at her and nodded. Tita Midz smiled a little at him.
"Anak, alam ko na masakit. Nakita ko kung ano ang pagmamahalan niyong dalawa ni Dawn. Pero gusto kong malaman mo na.. maybe, in the future, you'll become friends again. You may not be together as a couple but you'll never know.. you might be the best of friends."
"How, Tita? Will she ever forgive me?"
"Dawn's heart is bigger than you think. She is capable of so many things and forgiveness is one of them. Give her time. Let her be happy."
"Paano kung.. paano kung hindi na mangyari?"
"Then.. you have to find happiness in yourself and your future wife. Sabi mo mahal mo siya. Build your life with her."
Richard sighs and processed everything she said.
"Tita?"
"Hmmm?"
"Thank you."
Tita Midz smiled and Richard pulls her for a hug.

**

Richard didn't notice that she and Dawn were just quiet the whole time in that same bench until her phone rings. Dawn stood up and answered the call. Richard sighs to himself as he thought about that memory with Tita Midz. After that talk with her, he decided to put himself together for a new life. A life without Dawn.

Dawn sat back down beside him.
"Everything okay?", he asked.
"Yeah. Viv just reminded me about my schedule for the week."
Richard nodded.
"Ikaw? Okay ka lang? Ang tahimik mo kanina pa."
Richard nodded again.
"Sure? Baka kasi nagugu-"
"Dawn?", he looked at her and smiled. "Thank you, ha!"
Dawn's forehead creased in curiousity.
"Thank you? Para saan?"
"For being a good friend. For forgiving me."
Dawn gives him a genuine smile.
"Gomz, anong pinanggagalingan nito?"
"I never.. i never thought we'll be friends despite what happened to us."
Dawn smiles.
"You really have a big heart. Thank you."
"Alam mo, Gomz.. hindi naman naging madali lahat. We had a rough time before we got to where we are now. Maraming nasabing salita na hindi dapat. There were times wherein sana nag-usap tayo ng maayos. But you know what.. despite everything, mas umaangat yung mga panahon na masaya tayo. Yung mga memories kung saan wala tayong ginawa kundi tumawa, kumain, mag-asaran, magkwentuhan and many more.."
Richard chuckles.
"And those were the reasons why I chose to forgive. Because again, despite of it all.. you weren't just my ex-boyfriend. You are one my most treasured friends. We can even pass as best friends." Dawn holds his hand, "so Gomz, thank you also.. for being there for me." Richard holds their hand together firmly.
"Sorry, ha?"
"O! Kanina thank you. Tapos sorry naman ngayon.. para saan naman?"
Richard bites his lip.
"Sorry, kasi ang tagal mo na naghihintay. Sorry kasi pinili ko maging Mayor."
Dawn sighs.
"Pero pangako.. babalikan kita. Babalik ako."

They both look at each other in the eye and a tear fell from Dawn's eye. Richard wipes it off with his thumb and caresses her face as Dawn leans on the palm of his hand.

"Pagbalik ko, it will be worth it. Pero habang pareho tayong naghihintay ng tamang panahon at tamang project.. nandito lang ako. Kapag kailangan mo ng kausap, tawagan mo lang ako. Anytime. I'm ready to listen. Always."
Dawn nods and smiles.

"Come here.." Richard pulls her closer and they hug tightly for a few minutes. As they pull away, Dawn wipes any traces of tears and Richard tucks her hair away from her face.
"Dawn?"
"Hmm?"
"Kain na tayo.. gutom na ako eh."
Dawn giggles and they walk back to the chapel. Back to the person who helped them be who they are now.

THE END.

***

Tita Midz, thank you for HKSL. Thank you for discovering CharDawn. As fans, we are forever grateful. May you rest in peace! 🙏🏼