Crime of Rejection; seventeen

Donghyuck greeted his friends, smiling at their daily antics. They all stared at Jiwoo for a moment before breaking out into huge grins and big exclamations of invitation.

He mentally sighed in relief, knowing that his friends weren't about to make her scared of them on her first day with his group. Jaemin got up from his chair and approached Jiwoo with big, bright eyes. He grabbed her by the hand and pulled her to sit next to him.

Renjun wrinkled his nose, but made no move to pull them apart. He catches Donghyuck staring at him and he rolls his eyes and makes a throat-slitting motion and indicates it at Jaemin.

Jiwoo looks extremely uncomfortable with the extreme amount of attention Jaemin is placing upon her so she turns to look at Donghyuck for help. Donghyuck takes a seat across from her and she immediately leans forward.

She looked happy of course, and she looked at each of his friends' smiling faces and there's a pleased sort of expression that stayed.

But beneath that, there was some sort of underlying tension, like a squirming dove surrounded by loud, chattering owls.

Donghyuck noticed that perhaps Jiwoo wasn't yet accustomed to their rambunctious group and their ways of greeting one another. He chuckled, suddenly remembering the similar expression Jeno had given when he introduced the other male to his friends.

He turned to his left and tapped Renjun on the shoulder. “I'm going to eat with Jiwoo on another table. She's not yet.... used to being around so many noisy crackheads like all of you” he said, catching Jaemin's raised middle finger at him from the corner of his eye, and Renjun's contemplative scowl.

Sungkyung nods her head in agreement. “Yeah. We all know you of course, but seeing as you chose to come in with Hyuckie, you might have felt most comfortable with him.”

Jiwoo laughs, eyes curving once more into cute little crescents. Donghyuck wants to pinch her cheeks but holds himself back.

“Ah, did it seem that way? Sorry everyone. I really want to be friends with all of you. But I'm very awkward when I'm not in the Student Council...” she says awkwardly.

Donghyuck takes this as a cue to transfer tables. He stands up and resolves to kicking Renjun's leg as a goodbye before beckoning Jiwoo to follow him.

Jiwoo hops up away so eagerly and greets his friends 'bye bye' before following him.

Once they've sat themselves down on the table, Jiwoo doesn't really seem to be all that nervous anymore, like she regained some of her confidence that she showed with him and Jeno.

She pulls out two boxes, and hands one to Donghyuck. “I'd very much like to be good friends with you, Donghyuck. And, my mom always told me to share snacks with friends,” she opens her box thoughtfully, “at least if I had real ones. Anyway, you talked to me before. It was during my Scouting Investiture two years ago.”

Donghyuck pulls the box towards himself. “Is that so? I don't really talk to people here, if you've noticed....” he mutters as he checks the contents.

Jiwoo packed mostly macaroons and some chewy candies. Donghyuck thinks he found one he likes and pops it into his mouth.

He makes accidental eye contact with Mark Lee, who is sitting across from them.

He breaks off their stare and sees Jiwoo waiting for an explanation.

“I just... don't...”

[ ria ]
Yall can come at me if you all want
Because this chapter is ass and
I know it.
Besides if I actually included my
real-life interaction with my best friend
who btw is the one Jiwoo is portraying
dont hate on my daughter akskahsh
anyway, if i made this true to life
this chapter would be extended to six
and yall wouldnt want that would you.
anyway, imma time skip next chapter. or not, depends.
i adjusted so much of what actually happened to me versus here.

riaaaaaout