"So Lucy how did you meet Freddie?" Brian asked whilst we were eating our cake.

"Well we were"- I started but was interrupted by Freddie.

"It's a funny story actually. You see I saved her life. Terry drove me to the park I enjoy to visit and I saw her down at the bottom of a hill. She looked to be sick so me being the hero I am saved her of course and brought her home to made sure she was all right." Freddie said like I was a damsel. I appreciated Freddie of course but I'm tired of men treating me like I need saving. We are definitely going to have to talk about that. I was trying to not let my emotions get the best of me I needed to be alone a minute. I stood up to take some plates to the kitchen.

"Who's plates can I take?" I asked the table.

"You don't have to do that dear!" Brian said.

"Oh it's fine really I want to you've been such welcoming hosts" I went around the table grabbing plates when I got to Freddie's I skipped him acting like he was invisible. Once I found the kitchen I walked in and sat the plates in the sink. I ran the water and poured the dish soap on the plates making them soapy. I was trying to ignore the fact that I felt awful it was probably my body adjusting to all the changes.  I heard the door open so I turned around and there was Freddie with his plate in his hand.

"Lucy what did I do to upset you" Freddie asked me with sad eyes.

"Do you really not know?" I replied for goodness sake I'm a women NOT an object it's 2019-  except no it's not it's 1979. I have to be easier on him I'm still in the mindset that it's 2019 but unfortunately in 1979 they're not as progressive or accepting.  That's why Freddie can't tell the world who he really is why he has to live in fear of the judgment of the press.

"I'm sorry Freddie I'm just a bit shaken up" I said looking down at my feet.

"It's alright darling" he said walking over to me. I grabbed a napkin close by to cough in when I looked down the napkin was red. I felt the world start to spin.

"Are you Alright? Hey! Lucy?" Was the last thing I heard Freddie say before he caught me and everything went black.

———————————————
Freddie POV

I caught Lucy in my arms and started to yell for help. Soon enough the rest of the group came in with Brian in the lead.

"What happened?!" Brian asked when he saw Lucy on the floor.

"I don't know! She was talking to me and then coughed into a napkin and passed out" I told them obviously panicking. I'm sure I sounded dumb but in he moment I didn't care. Brian picked up the napkin and saw she had coughed up some blood.

"She needs to go to the hospital" Brian said. This sent panic through my body why did I care this much I just met this girl. I picked up Lucy in my arms and carried her to the car and sat down in the back seat.

"To the hospital" I told Terry. Brian said that he follow behind, Chrissy is staying home with Jimmy. Roger and John went home with there families as well. Terry drove as fast as he could when we pulled up at the hospital I picked her up and ran in the emergency room.

"Help somebody! Help!" I yelled. A couple of nurses ran up to me one with a gurney.

"She was coughing up blood and then passed out" I told the nurses as I laid her down on the gurney. They started wheeling her back and I went to follow but one of the nurses stopped me.

"I'm sorry sir this is as far as you can go" she said.

"Oh okay we'll make sure to update me" I said sounding very distraught. I turned around and saw Brian sitting down in one of the chairs. I walked up and sat down beside him. I explained what happened so far to him.

"Freddie I don't think I've ever seen you care so much about someone so fast. What is it about this girl?"

"I don't know Brian she's just different. It's like she's from another world." I really thought I was done with women I haven't dated a woman since Mary. 

"Where is she from? She seems very different?" Brian asked for the second time tonight I guess my explanation at dinner didn't suffice and he was looking very suspicious. Should I tell Brian? I've known him since the late 60's I trust him with my life but it's not my secret to tell. Although I think Lucy needs someone on her team besides me I'm not the most responsible. I sat there weighing the odds for a minute and made my decision.

"Brian I have something to tell you"

————————————————

"Freddie do you know what this could mean for science?" Brian said with excitement in his eyes.

"We are not telling anybody I don't want them to do experiments on her or worse. She has went through enough because of where she came from" I told Brian sternly. I didn't want to sound mean but this is not Lucy's fault and I don't want her to be looked at like an experiment.

"You're right Freddie I'm sorry" just as Brian said those words a doctor walked up to us.

"Are you the family of Lucy?" He asked.

"Yes yes that's me doctor" I said standing up.

"Ok well I have some good news and some bad news. The reason she had to come here is because of a hematoma found on her liver that's what caused the bleeding. Fortunately we stopped the bleeding in time but she will be very sore and need to rest for a couple of weeks" he said.

"Thank you so much Doctor! Can we see her?" I asked.

"Yes you can she's been asking for a Freddie. Just so you know she is still a little loopy from the anesthesia so she is talking a little crazy. She thinks she time traveled this medicine does some crazy things to people" he said chuckling he then led us to a hospital room. Me and Brian walked in and Lucy was laying on the bed.  

"Oh Freddie I've missed you so much! And you brought the poodle!"

————————————————

Thanks for reading hope you enjoyed vote and comment. Sorry if all the medical stuff wasn't right.