Chapter 33: Moving In

Start from the beginning

"You guys did it. Didn't you?" Chris asked, crossing his arms looking smug.

My eyes opened wide. "Pft. I don't know what you're talking about. Pft. Whaaaat?"

Wow. Way to play it cool Sam.

"Hey babe," Xavier said wrapping his arms around my waist.

"So. Any grandchildren coming yet?" Tammy asked out of the blue.

"Tammy!" I shouted. I could feel my face turning a deep red.

"Mom!" I heard Xavier shout behind me.

"Dear. They just mated. We might have to wait a while before we have grandchildren," Chris smiled putting a hand on her shoulder.

"But that didn't stop us from-"

"That's enough!" Xavier shouted cutting his mom off from that sentence.

"I'm just saying. I'm not getting any younger here and I would love to have grandchildren before I die."

Chris put his head in his hands.

"Oh, Tammy." He sighed laughing slightly.

"Well," she said playfully offended while putting the fruit in the fridge.

"Oh. Would you guys like to come with us to help your parents move in?" Chris asked.

I nodded frantically. "Yes please."

"Do we have to?" Xavier whined like a five-year-old.

"Yes," I said sternly.

"But your dad hates me."

"Well of course he would. You're my boyfriend. He's not going to like you. He's never liked any of my boyfriends."

Xavier growled. "You're mine."

I held my hands up in surrender. "Just saying."

"Only mine. Got it?"

"Got it," I smirked. "But you're also only mine."

He smiled and waved me off. "Yeah yeah."

"Sure. You make me say it, but I only get a 'yeah yeah'," I said crossing my arms. "Because that's fair."

"Eh." He shrugged, smiling mischievously.

"Excuse me? Do you want an angry mate to deal with today?" I challenged.

Xavier's smug smile dropped instantly and he replaced it with a scowl. "No."

"Then what do you say?"

"I'm yours," he mumbled.

I clapped happily and pecked him on the cheek. "Excellent. Now let's go help my parents pack up and then unpack at their new house."

"Oh joy!" Xavier said sarcastically.

The whole time Xavier was huffing and puffing while my dad sat in the passenger seat with his arms crossed. He honestly looked like a little kid throwing a temper tantrum. Well, both Xavier and my dad did.

I was texting Kyrn during the whole trip and when we also packed up the house and she said that Jay and her dad were having a stare-off. But Kyrn eventually hit Jay and he stopped which in turn caused Kyrn's dad to smile smugly and look back out the window. Of course.

"That's the last box." I heaved out as I set it down in my parents' new house.

It was filled with all of my dad's train books, movies, magazines, everything. And if you couldn't tell, he loved trains.

"Sweet." My mom smiled and looked at all the boxes. "Now we have to unpack."

I groaned and started opening all of the boxes.

About three and a half hours later, we were on the last box.

As I opened it up, I noticed an old hunting jacket.

"Dad, is this yours?" I asked. I don't remember him buying or wearing this before.

He shook his head. "Nope."

"Then whose is it?" I asked confused.

"Mine."

I looked up at and saw my grandpa standing in the doorway of the bedroom I was in.

"Grandpa." I smiled and ran to him.

"Hey Sam," he said as he pulled me into his arms giving me a giant bear hug. He always hugs me like this and to be honest, I wouldn't change it for the world. It makes me feel even more loved and safe with him.

"What is all of your stuff doing here?" I asked.

"I'm moving into this room." He smiled.

"S-seriously? That's awesome!"

"I was also wondering," Chris said as he walked in with Tammy right next to him. "If you would want to help us train some of the pups and warriors, we could use your skill with guns and Sam told us how you wanted her to go into martial arts classes. Plus, Xavier told me how you shot all the rogues and he was impressed. It takes a lot to make my son impressed. So if what he says is true, then I would love to have to help train. And if you wanted to make silver bullets for us."

My grandpa looked at him curiously. "For what exactly?"

"Mostly rogues and if we need protection from another pack for any reason. And with your fighting skills, it would be perfect practice for the pups and our new warriors," Chris said.

My grandpa shrugged. "Yeah, why not? I haven't made silver bullets in a while. I need to get back on that," he said, laughing while everyone else joined him. "And of course. Whooping these wolves into shape would be fun."

"Wow. You sound like Sam." Xavier laughed holding onto me.

I turned around in his arms and slapped his chest. "I'm amazing and you know it. You're just totally jealous of the awesome skills that I amazingly possess."

He laughed shaking his head. "Oh yeah. Totally."

I smiled in victory. "See. I told you."