Chapter 25; Conditions

Start from the beginning

After deciding shes presentable, she exits the room, walking down the padded stairs and into the dining room, where sits Eddie Thawne and Iris West. A small smile finds its way to her lips, knowing her mother set this up for her, thinking it would cheer her up from her gloomy state, even though Mrs. Roman didn't know why she is hurting so much.

"Iris!" Natalya happily calls out, not frowning once, or sulking likes shes been for the past week.

Iris stabds from her seat beside her boyfriend and rushes towards Natalya, enveloping her in a bone crushing embrace. Meanwhile, Eddie sits in his seat awkwardly, but a large smile on his face, happy that his girlfriend is happy.

Mrs. Roman peaks in from the kitchen, watching the two girls hug each other like their lives depended on it. It warms her heart, knowing her daughter could live a normal life, unlik how she could. Living in an orphanage, working for the very people that want Natalya dead, the Santini family is cupcakes and rainbows ckmpared to the people that Mrs. Roman used to work for. Luckily, no one knows of her unethical past in this time. She also doesn't plan on telling anyone, she wants Natalya to stay as hidden as possible, so they don't get to her. Unfortunately, they have already caught onto where she is, and is manipulating people with schizophrenia into attacking her own daughter. This thought alone brings a frown to her face.

Natalya and Iris pull away from each other. Finally, she acknowledges Eddie. She turns to him with the biggestsmile shes had in a while, "Natalya Roman, you must be Mr. Thawne, Iris never shuts up about you."

Eddie stands and shakes Natalya's outstretched hand, "Its a pleasure to meet you, Ms. Roman, and please, Eddie is just fine."

"Well then, you can call me Talia, everyone does."

Except for him, she thinks, thinking sadly of the criminal she fell for. Shes spent days crying over him, now her tears are all dried up, no more left to shed. Otherwise, she would be sobbung right now, just thinking about him makes her heart ache.

Eddie gives a curt nod, sitting back in his seat, Iris walking over and sitting next to him. Natalya sits across from Iris, Mrs. Roman finally coming in with a hot pan of bacon-covered, barbecue meat loaf, one of Natalya's favorite meals. Once Mrs. Roman sets it down on the hot pad, she disappears into the kitchen and comes back with mashed potatos and corn-on-the-cob.

"One last thing!" Mrs. Roman vanishes, only to come back with green beans.

"Мама, theres only four of us, you didn't have to make a feast," she says, greatful for the food her mother has made for her friends.

"Nonsense, I love doing this, brings back fond memories," Mrs. Roman smiles, sitting down at the head of the table, the other ehad of the table empty, where her father used to sit.

The table is small, polished oak wood, the head of the table having two grand chairs made from the same wood. Three chairs on each side. The floor is a pale wood, walls a sky blue. A small, rustic looking chandelier hangs above the table, in the center of the room. The table is in the middle of the room, a large dark oak wood arch way to the right of the table, leading into the kitchen, behind the table is another archway leading into the hallway. Mrs. Romans back is to the archwayleading out of the dining room.

"Thank you, Mrs. Roman for having Iris and I," Eddie says politely, flashing the older woman a appriciative smile.

"Of course, I'm always happy having dinner with some of Natalya's friends, especially if it brings a smile to her face in these depressing times. Also, please, call me Titania, Mrs. Roman is just too formal for me."

"So, Мама, did you set this all up for me?" Natalya asks hesitantly, scooping up some mashed potatoes and putting them on her plate.

"Yes, I have. You've been through a lot these past two weeks, with your father and than being stabbed right after," Mrs. Roman sighs out at the mension of her husband.