Chapter 1

I woke up to the blaring sound of my alarm clock, which slowly pulled me out of my sweet sweet slumber. Wait, why is the alarm clock going off? It's been summer for like, three days now. Hmm. I slammed my hand down on the alarm and canceled all future sleep interruptions. I looked around my room, smiling at all of the maze runner posters on my wall. I had just finished the third book last night, and I may or may not have cried way too much. It's very emotional, okay? I was probably the biggest fan of the maze runner, and I was the first of all my friends to know that hey were making a movie of it, too. Plus, to make everything better, my favorite actor, Thomas Brodie-Sangster, is playing my favorite character, Newt. Is is gonna be a great movie.

I got out of bed and lazily stretched out all of my limbs, muscles, and anything else that needs stretching. I shuffled my way out the bedroom door, down the stairs, and into the kitchen. I searched our fridge until I made the wise decision of having some eggs and toast. I grabbed the frying pan out of the cabinet, buttered it, and turned the stove on, thus preheating the pan. After the pan was all warm, I cracked two eggs in and let them sit. I walked over to the toaster and popped the toast in. That should take about five minutes each, so why not go sit down?

As I lazily plopped down on the sofa, the sound of my brothers feet came zipping down the stairs, and right towards the couch. I thought nothing of it, this is how he usually is. Except his time, when he sat down, he propped his legs on my shoulders, leaving his feet hanging in front of my face. The only upside to this is they didn't smell bad. Whew.

"What are you doing?" I half yelled in between laughs. "Let me go, you dork!" My brother just stuck his nose up high in the air and stubbornly closed his eyes, a faint trace of a smile played on his mouth. My brother is about a year older than I am, and a couple years ago we gave up on fighting. Now we just mess around, like we are now. He looks a lot like me, with dark brown hair, a few freckles. The only differences are his blue eyes and height. I have hazel eyes and I'm quite a bit shorter than he is. "RILEY, I have eggs cooking!! Let me up, they need to be flipped!" Again, I said his in between laughs, but he still wouldn't let me up. " Fine. I'll make a deal with you. If you let me up, I'll make you an omelet. If you don't let me up, the house will burn down, thus no omelet." This struck home somewhere deep inside him, because the moment I said that, he hopped up and ran to the kitchen. I caught my breath and followed him, giggling as I watched him gather all the ingredients for his breakfast. I tended to the eggs and toast, then piled them up on my plate. I turned the oven on slightly and pit my food in there, just so it would be warm when Riley's omelet was done.

After I made the omelet, Riley and I sat in the dining room. We ate silently for a little while, but then I spoke up.

"Hey, do you know where mom and dad are? They're usually awake by this time, and it's Saturday. Neither of them have work." I asked.

"Yeah, mom told me last night that her and dad were gonna go somewhere early this morning to do something. I think it has something to do with a foreign exchange student. I heard that subject come up a few times last night." A foreign exchange student? Why haven't I heard anything about it? Hmm.

"Oh, ok then did they say when they would be home?"

"Yeah, around noon."

Riley and I finished our breakfast and went our separate ways. I went to my room while he went other basement to practice his guitar. When I got to my room I grabbed my jogging gear and pulled it on. Why not go for a nice jog? It's nice outside, and I could use my time up this way.

I left a note on the table in the loving room saying I would just be out running for a little bit, then set off out the door. I ran about two miles before I took a small break by the little stream of crisp, clear water that ran through the park. I listened to the entrancing sound of the water running over the pebbles and thought about the whole 'foreign exchange student' thing. Why was I not let in on this? How come nobody ever said anything to me? Don't they want my opinion? Before it got my temper rising, I thought it would be better to run it off, head home. I checked my watch to see I had been sitting in the park for about half an hour. Mom and dad should be home by now. I jogged back down my route until I finally got to my house. Sure enough, moms car was parked in the driveway. When I got inside I took a short shower and got dressed into some comfy skinny jeans and a t-shirt. Nothing fancy. I skipped down the stairs until I came across mom and dad immersing into a deep conversation. On the living room table was a large stack of papers, sitting next to them was a bright red pen. When they saw me enter the room, they quickly sat up straight and smiled at me. Weird. My mom patted the couch next to her, beckoning me over. I slowly walked over, hoping the look of confusion was clear on my face. I sat down and looked at my dad expectantly. After a few moments, he finally spoke up.

"Autumn, I guess you've been wondering where we went this morning. Has Riley told you anything?"

"Yeah, he said he overheard you guys talking about getting a foreign exchange student."

"He is correct. We are thinking about having a nice young man live with is for awhile." He replied. So it's a guy.

"Yes, and we can't just tell you who he is, it will shock you too much to just blurt out," my mom said this time. "So I'll start t off. You know that book series you love so much, I think it's called The Maze Runner?"

"Yeah?" I said, completely oblivious to where this was going.

"Well, it's being filmed right outside our town. They said they needed a small town to film outside of so that paparazzi wasn't terrible, and they needed a big field to film in."

My heart almost stopped beating. My breath hitched in my throat, and it took me a second to realize that I was just sitting there with my mouth open. "You're serious?" I asked, thinking my dad was gonna yell out something like "April Fools!", but it didn't happen.

"Yes, and each actor needs a place to stay. They decided to do a program sort of like the exchange student thing, and hey pick a family and look at their background to see if they want to live with them." My mom said.

"Yes, and we have picked one of the actors to stay with us. We met up with hi. This morning, he read our resume, and he likes us. He said he would love to move in with us as soon as possible." My dad concluded.

"You're kidding. Go ahead, tell me it's a lie," I said, not believing them. They just shook their heads. "Oh my gosh. Which one is he? Who's staying with us?" Mom and dad exchanged looks, barely holding themselves together.

Finally, my mom looked over at me and said with a smoke on her face, "Thomas Brodie-Sangster is the young actor that will be staying with us while they film the movie."

I stopped breathing gain. My head almost started to spin. Thomas Sangster is going to live with us?!? Before I could say anything, not that I would have because I'm utterly speechless, my dad spoke up again.

"He wanted to meet you and your brother. Today. He wants to have dinner over here tonight, so we need to start cooking soon. He will be here at 5:00."

Okay, I think I might die. I started squealing like a madman and jumped up and down. I couldn't hold in my excitement. I silently promised myself that I wouldn't act like this when he got here. I would act like a normal person. I ran up the stairs and picked out some nice clothes that I would wear. I ended up picking some dark skinny jeans with a cute red top. I decided I would leave my hair straight, and wear some brown boots with it. It was my favorite thing to wear. I randomly used my time up until it was about 4:00. I used about twenty minutes to get myself ready, then ran downstairs, the butterflies in my stomach going nuts. My brother was wearing nice clother,a long with my mom and dad. 'He Is gonna be here in about ten minutes,' I thought to myself. I sat down on the couch, and flipped our flat screen on. The house smelt nice, I could tell mom was making something good. Smells a bit like chicken.

After a while, the doorbell rang, making my stomach do flips. My dad went to answer the door, and there he stood. Thomas Brodie-Sangster was in the doorway, smiling that beautiful smile of his at my dad. He was wearing very nice clothes that resembled my brothers, and his hair was combed, but messy at the same time. It was just the way I imagined it would be. He looked around our house from the doorway, looking surprised that a house this nice could be in a town this small. My dad invited him into the living room where I was sitting, and he looked over at me. He smiled a gorgeous smile, and I smiled back. He sat down on the sofa across from me with his elbows on his legs and his hands folded. He kept looking around, which I found cute in some weird way. Finally, mom called us all into the dining room to eat. This is it. My first dinner with Thomas Brodie-Sangster.

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Hey!! How's the plot so far?? Any ideas for future chapters?? Please comment like follow and vote!!