RANT 27

"Don't mutilate your fucking children, just because you gave birth to them, doesn't give you the right to mutilate their body. From birth, to 18 years old, your job as a parent is to guide your child. To help them make decisions, not to make decisions for them that will impact them for years to come. Aka piercing an infants ears in an unsafe environment or an unsterile environment like Claire's, which could end up an infection, and scarring. Is that really worth your fashion statement that you want your child to be just because you have all say over their body? And yes, I understand infants don't have a  way to say 'no I don't want my ears pierced' but crying is probably one of them. Like, who births a child and then mutilates them for a fashion statement? Like does it not hurt you to see your child fucking balling and crying because they're in pain?"

-American piercer

Ok, so first of all, yes I agree that Claire's is NOT the place to pierce anyone's ear. But other than that,

ITS NONE OF YOUR DAMN BUSINESS!

It's also not a fashion statement.

It can also be a cultural thing!

I got my ears pierced when I was a baby,

And right now I would go hug my mother and thank her for it if it weren't 12:17 am.

And TBH I'm going to pierce my daughters ear when she's a baby.

YOU KNOW WHY?!

Because if I do it later, she will actually remember the pain!

And you know what? If she doesn't like it, then fine! Let the hole shut by itself, it's not going to harm her in any way if you do it safely.

Also, babies cry all the time, they are "Fucking balling and crying" when they get out of the womb, when you are changing them, when you are feeding them vegetables. Does that mean the child should stay in the womb? Or that we shouldn't change it? Or we shouldn't feed it vegetables?

NO!

A baby crying isn't a sign of them being in absolute unbearable pain. And In two months they wont even remember it.

Now, if you wait twelve years,

You're going to see your child actually "fucking balling and crying"

And they will remember it,

And to be honest, I think that's worse than just doing it to them when they're a baby.

You can disagree with me if you want.

But to be honest,

It's none of your business if the parents pierce their child's ear. As long as they do it safely, it can actually be a positive thing.

So, please.

THINK CLEARLY before you accuse people of....mutilating....their child....

....