Chapter 6

Juvia had been sitting on the cold cement ground for quite some time now. How long has she been down here? A few hours? A few days? And all the while, Fairy Tail still hadn't come. She was beginning to doubt in her friends, despite her protests about how good they were to her.

The shackles around her wrist allowed very little movement, so all Juvia could do was sit and think. She looked around the cell. It wasn't damp(as she was hoping it to be) but instead dry, bricks lined neatly in place. The bars were slightly rusted, signaling that this was in fact an old cell. Little by little, small amounts of magic energy was regained; but Juvia needed a whole lot more if she was to escape.

Juvia was snapped out of her thoughts when a familiar figure stepped into the room. "Miss me?" The rednette mocked, a sarcastic smile placed on her lips. "No." The water Mage hissed, trying to attack her. The chains restrained her as Juvia lunged at the red headed girl. She didn't even flinch.

"Calm down, I won't hurt you." The Mage said. "Yet." She added with a smirk. Juvia's face switched to confusion, but quickly turned back to anger. "What do you want from Juvia?" Juvia seethed. If she were to be held captive, Juvia wants answers. The fiery headed Mage only chuckled. "Aw, but where's the fun in that if I tell you?" She sneered, babying her voice. Juvia continued to glare.

"You know, I haven't heard from your little Fairy Tail friends in over 18 hours." The red head started. "18 hours?" Juvia asked. 'No Juvia! She's just trying to get in your head!' Juvia's sub conscious shouted, but was lost in a sea of questions. "Yes. Not a trace. It seems they must be pre occupied with something... Or someone else." The sarcastic Mage added, twisting true words into poison.

The bluenette tried to hide her hurt face in a curtain of wavy, blue hair, but inevitably failed. The red head's "serious" face contorted into a pleased look, as she watched Juvia hide her pain. "I must be going. Here. Eat." The rednette said as a coddling mother would as she handed Juvia a tray of water and bread. She placed it tenderly on the floor next to her. "I'll be seeing you!~" she sang, then closed the door and walked away.

When the red head was a safe distance, Juvia cried. It was soft, gentle sob.

But the rednette had heard; and enjoyed her sadness greatly. 'Its easier to preform the ceremony if they're broken first.' The red head thought.

"Damn this place..." Juvia muttered silently.