Chapter 8: I Guess It's Okay

Start from the beginning

"There's the kitchen," Kyrn whispered.

"Almost there," I said tiptoeing.

"Sam?" A deep voice said behind me.

I screamed bloody murder and chucked the knife at whoever was behind me.

I turned around so fast I almost lost my balance.

"What the hell was that for?" screamed Xavier who was panting and sprawled out across the floor.

I squeaked and jumped back again. "You scared me!"

"Okay I'm sorry, but you didn't have to throw a bloody knife at my head!" He yelled standing up and pointed at the knife that is embedded in the wall. He walked over to it and took it out of the wall.

My weapon!

"Hey. Give that back!" I yelled.

"No. Why do you even have a knife?" Xavier asked as he held it in his hand.

"For protection, you moron. Now give it back!" I whined.

"No. You don't need protection from me Sam. I'm not going to hurt you," he said taking a few steps toward me.

I grabbed the other knife and held it out in front of me.

He put his hands up and sighed.

"Stay. Back," I said.

Kyrn pulled her knife out and stood next to me.

"What happened? I heard someone scream," Jay said walking in here. His face paled when he saw the knives in our hands. "Why do they have knives?"

"They are for 'protection'," Xavier said using air quotes. "Even though we won't hurt them!" He exaggerated to us.

I rolled my eyes and laughed. "How do we know that? You guys can kill us whenever you want. You freaking turn into wolves! And you kidnapped us!"

"Oh my gosh. Quit being so overdramatic. We could never hurt you guys. You are our mates. And Sam, you are our Luna. They can't hurt you. And Kyrn, you are our beta female. We can't hurt you either," Xavier explained.

"You kept this secret from us!" I yelled hurt.

"I know and I'm sorry. I didn't want you to be afraid of me," he pleaded.

I wanted to believe him, I really did. I guess I was just a little scared and I was falling for him. A werewolf kidnapper. I guess this mate thing is true.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I noticed Xavier reach for me.

I screamed and ran past him and toward the door.

"Shit," I heard him mumble and chase after me.

When I got to the door I flung it open and almost hit some girl standing there. I really didn't care at the moment; I was too busy running from Xavier.

She had short blonde hair and bright blue eyes that sparkled.

"Hey Chloe," Xavier said as he caught up to me.

"Hello? Why is there a girl hiding behind me?" She asked crossing her arms over her chest and tapping her foot impatiently.

"He kidnapped me and my friend!" I yelled.

"You what?" This Chloe chick yelled in disbelief.

"She's my mate!" Xavier defended. "So technically, it's not considered kidnapping."

"Yes, it is!" Chloe and I yelled.

Xavier sighed and looked at the ground.

"Wait, does she know?" Chloe asked carefully.