Chapter 3: So Close

Start from the beginning

The drive to the nearest train station was a lot longer than I thought. I guess that's what happens when you are in a small town. They don't have a lot of anything. We barely saw a grocery store and maybe one or two gas stations. That's it. And they weren't even that big really.

By the time we found a train station, it was already getting dark.

"Let's just leave the keys in the car. We won't be back for them any time soon," Kyrn laughed as we parked the car.

I nodded my head and quickly got out of the car. The faster we move, the faster we get away from here.

"Why is it so empty?" I asked as I opened the door.

"It's another small town, Sam. It's going to be empty," Kyrn responded. I nodded as we ran up to the counter.

"Can you flirt your way through again?" I asked her.

"Yeah. It shouldn't be a problem. But if I need help, I'm calling for you," she smiled.

"Hello ladies," the guys said, smiling at us. "How can I help you?"

"Please. I think my friend and I are being followed. We need two train tickets far, far away from here immediately," Kyrn said acting scared. She was pretty good. This was why I was so proud to call her my best friend.

The guy looked at me and I pretended to cry.

"But Kyrn. We lost our purses remember?" I said to her.

"Shit. I guess we'll have to walk," she said looking down. "Come on Sam."

She grabbed my hand and turned around.

"Wait!" the guy called out.

Kyrn gave me a mischievous smile but dropped it once she turned around to face the man.

"Here. They are on the house," the guy said with two tickets in his hand.

"Thank you," Kyrn said kissing his cheek.

I could have sworn I heard a growl.

"Thank you so much sir," I said kissing his other cheek.

There it is again. Am I going crazy? I looked around but didn't see anything. I must be.

"Are you okay?" Kyrn asked in concern.

I mean we are running for our lives from psychotic kidnappers, but other than that I'm perfectly fine.

"Let's head out," I said letting it slide.

Kyrn nodded and followed me out the door. We both took one step and we were grabbed from behind. I tried to scream but a hand went over my mouth.

Shit. Being kidnapped again. Can I ever catch a break?

"Fancy seeing you here princess," Xavier said brushing his lips on my ear.

I shivered and held in a gasp. I looked over at Kyrn and saw that Jay has her.

She looked scared and frankly, I was too. We both noticed each other's fears and glared at the guys opposite to us.

Xavier laughed.

"Come on princess. Let's get you home," he said picking me up bridal style.

Home? Did he really just say home? Does he honestly think that where he took us is our 'home'? News flash Xavier. My home is my own house. Not the place you're taking us to.

"Meet you at the house Xavier," Jay said picking Kyrn up. "I'm going to go get my Lamborghini that Sam and Kyrn stole."

"Then maybe you shouldn't have kidnapped us idiot," Kyrn said slapping his face, knocking that stupid glare off his stupid face.