Artistic Literature

The month of May, the month of May, O month of May.

If the months in the year were glamorous and beautiful creatures,
then the month of May will be the ugliest being of them all.

And I just happen to be born in it.

Pitiful...really, pitiful I say, pitiful.

So, my life started on earth in the month of May. It was a struggle to breath the air.
It was wet like the heavens had shed tears because they knew it had to happen in the month of May.

The feeling of being abandoned on the very first day of your life.

Now that's already a clue to a creature so clueless of what month it was.

Yes, the month of May.

Everything was a struggle. For the most part, a lot painful.

At some point, I could taste my own lifeline in the palm of my hands as I laid on the hospital bed.

Also if I recalled correctly what month it was, oh that's right. It was in that month.

The cursed month of May.

All my life, the early signs followed me everywhere I go, even when I met my parents.

Not for the first time of-course but certainly felt like it.

Well, I could recall nothing from the moments we shared growing up so you can imagine.

The joy, the pain, the hate, the love, and the void.

Still, it couldn't seem to fill the space in the void, the emptiness left by the strange month of May.

Slowly, I started to see.

"Wait, what is this feeling? Why does it have to be her that makes me feel this way? For the first time ever, my cup is full. I don't feel empty anymore. Is this what it means to be a whole? all this while, why now".

But wait, it's not or is it? No. It's not May.

So I laid with her, cared for her and I loved her.

Now the knocking won't stop.

It's all about to end now.

It's the 30th. A hot windy night like a cool place in hell. It feels strange but I am not surprised at all, it just had to happen.

The void, the emptiness, the dark space.

I feel it again. It's all coming back. All over again in the month of May.

The cursed month of May.