Chapter Two

Cara's Point of View

Spending the entire week jobless was terrible. Don't get me wrong, I love launching on my couch, watching Netflix and gulping big chunks of pizza down my throat, however the bills aren't going to pay themself. I was troubled, bothered & distressed all day, which meant there was no way I could enjoy myself.

I sprinted towards the building, tensely. As I continued to race, I bumped into someone. Someone masculine and strong.

Ouch!

Their lavish cologne smell lingered in my nose. It wasn't a cheap kind of cologne, unlike the cologne my former colleagues used to wear. In my view, you shouldn't wear a cheap cologne to burn others' noses, if you can't afford an expensive one.

"I am sorry, I am in a hurry." I apologized.

"Not a problem! I haven't seen you here before. Are you new here?" He answered genuinely, his voice colored with a thick European accent.

His eyes locked with mine, and that is when I noticed his ravishing ground green eyes. He looked like a guy next door with his blonde hair along with his charming smile.

"Well, it is because I am here for an interview, not for see-sighting." I rejoiced with a wide smile, quite reaching my eyes. Earning a cute chuckle from him.

"So, what's your name. I am Aiden, by the way." He questioned.

"Cara, my name is Cara." I answered.

"Aww, hopefully you will enroll in our office. It is so entertaining to see the boss drunk, he doesn't even notice if the employees are absent." He joked.

I gave him a tight smile, and continued to walk. Yeah, walk, since I don't want to bump into someone again. Don't underestimate the importance of those eight hours of zzz's every night, and I didn't catch that eight hours of zzz's last night.

I asked the receptionist where to head. "Turn right, and take the elevator. Head to the 11th floor, there you will find the waiting room." She firmly answered. After that she started typing on her laptop again.

The furniture was luxurious and it looked so modern. The place seemed so crowded, yet it was extremely calm. I watched the time on my wristwatch, it was already ten o'clock and I didn't want to have a bad impression already. I sprint towards the elevator.

I pushed the right buttons. Finally, the elevator landed on the 11th floor. I stepped out of the elevator, and made my way to the waiting area. Two other women, and one man were already seated. They were noiselessly conversing.

A man walked out of the office. "Ms.Smith, kindly join Mr.Fleming in the office, for the interview." He informed me.

I nodded lightly, as I walked past him. Before entering the office, I neatly tied my bun and fixed my pencil skirt. I knocked on the wooden door.

"Come in." A masculine elderly voice replied.

With a heavy heart, I made my way out of the office. Being rejected for the third time made me question my worth. Gloominess blinded my vision. A slight glint of hope deep down in my heart died. Hopelessly, wondering how I would survive, a tear streamed down my cheek. I was quick to wipe it off, before someone notices.

Slowly, stepping out of the elevator. Unable to think and see properly, I bumped into someone. Again.

I fell on the ground, letting out a small groan. I rubbed my hip, and took Aiden's hand.

"Are you okay?" He inquired, with an amusing look on his face. He was quick to hide it.

"Yeah, thanks! My apologies for bumping into you again." I replied shyly.

"Well not your fault, you are just that attracted to me."

"Are you saying that you're a magnet or something?"

"More like gravity, you'll always fall for me." I rolled my eyes at the statement. I like this guy already, he is quite fun.

"How did the interview go?" He asked.

"Terrible! He rejected me." I looked down, trying not to meet his gaze.

"Aww, that sucks. Anyways, do you mind exchanging our numbers, after all I can't let a pretty girl slip through my fingers?" He joked.

"I can't slip through your fingers, idiot. I'm attracted to you."

His face was graced with a smirk. He handed me his phone, and I typed my phone number there. He did the same. I saved him as a contact in my phone, and left the building.

...

I drowned in a sea of insecurity, as I got casted out again. I know, I didn't attend a college, but back then I had no opportunity. Even though Aiden tried to cheer me up with his lame jokes. Now that I was alone, the insecurity caught up to me.

On cue, Jade entered the café. Her dark hair matched her black crop top and her bright shoes complemented the whole look. Her hair was pulled up in a ponytail, making her high cheekbones stand out. Her dark complexion was gleaming, and making her stand out. I had to admit that she exuded confidence, something I seemed to lack more and more lately.

She approached my table, shooting an uneasy look my way. I needed Jade's company right now. She gradually turned, and embraced me. Her arms resting on my shoulders. It simply comforted me.

"Think of this month as a break, break from work. You need to chill a bit, stop stressing over work. You have become boring, utterly tedious. You are still a young, gorgeous woman, not an old grumpy grandma." She lectured. She stared at me with expectation.

"But the bills..." I whispered.

"But the bills." She mimicked my statement, making apostrophes with her hands. Shaking her head, with a disapproving look in her eyes.

"I will pay your bills, I still have a lot in my bank. I am rolling in money, Cara." I blinked, deliberate and slow. She was something else.

"Uh, sure you are." I replied with an urge to roll my eyes at her. She shushed me.

"Tell that Felix guy to come over, and we are all going to party hard tonight" She announced.