11: The Coronation and a Declaration

Start from the beginning

"I... I... yes." I murmur, feeling anxious yet liberated.

"Good." He replies, looking satisfied. "You know you are the only woman who has owned my heart since the day I met you." He tells me, causing a smile to beam on my face.

Then unexpectedly the music draws to a melodic close, and the other couples pull apart to bow to each other, so I reluctantly let Nicky go and drop into a curtsy. He whispers to me that he has to go and sort something out, before proceeding to disappear from the hall. Now that the only partner I will ever want has gone, I go off to find Ariana and get a drink of rose water. I notice Ariana is surprisingly busy dancing with Prince Jasper, so I decide to just get a drink whilst waiting (im)patiently for Nicky to return. Just as I am hydrating myself, there is another tap on my shoulder, so with a big smile I turn to expecting to see Nicky, only for it to fall when I realise it is actually the insufferable Prince Leven. Ugh!

"Yes?" I ask impatiently.

"Belle, darling I have been looking for you beloved! Why don't you dance with me?" He asks over enthusiastically.

"My name is Princess Bellatrix to you and ab..." However, before I can dismiss him like I so very want to, I remember where I am and whom I am talking to. It would not look good to Nicky's subjects if they hear me being a rude, intolerant brat, also my actions could being shame upon my father and Aswela's name. "Ok fine, let's make it quick." I sigh, noting that Nicky is not anywhere to be seen, and neither is my father come to think of it – he should be impressed by my surprising graciousness.

In my heels, I am slightly taller then Leven, making him an uncomfortable dance partner, but I allow him to lead me around the room, sacrificing three of my toes. He bumps into another dancing couple with his awful flamboyant dancing, it being the obnoxious Dame Bronya and her husband Duke Finnegan, who scowl at us, and I try to apologise but Leven simply haphazardly spins me around, causing me to stumble ungraciously. I look up to glare at him, but instead I notice Nicky striding in, his aura powerful and capturing attention easily.

A small smile splays on my lips as for a moment I forget that I am in the arms of another man, and I see Nicky scanning the crowds, until he spots me. At first, he smiles, then his eyebrows crease into a frown, the notion so unnatural on him it makes me feel uneasy. His scowl deepens as he takes in the idiot twirling me around as if I am a rag doll, obviously being terrible at dancing. Nicky looks so adorable when jealous, and even as I am pulled in the opposite direction of him I try to turn around, hoping he will save me from this maniac. My wish is rewarded when Nicky begins striding purposefully towards us, causing a commotion on the dance floor as he pushes past the waltzing couples.

"Prince Leven." Nicky addresses him in a bored tone, harshly tapping him on the shoulder. "Please, let go of my betrothed." He tuts, causing me and anyone else in earshot to gasp.

Betrothed? He wants me to be his betrothed? I nearly cry at the thought, watching him wide eyed as he has a stare down with Leven. Shocked murmurings resound around the room, as people already begin to speculate, but I am still frozen, amazed that this wonderful man could really want to be tied to me for the rest of our lives.

"What? She is not your betrothed! She was promised to me by her father." Leven reveals indignantly, but lets me go from his clammy hold anyway.

"I was never and never will be yours Leven." I huff, frustrated that he cannot seem to realise that I would rather marry a goat then him.

"And her father merely suggested your union. I have his blessing to marry his daughter – as long as she is ok with it." Nicky reveals as he turns his hopeful attention to me.

"How... how dare you! You – you witch! How could you lead me on so?" Leven rages, colour actually coming onto his usually pale grey skin.

"Lead you on? I have made it clear since the beginning that you could never crawl your way into my affections – in fact on numerous occasions I have explicitly told you so!" I exclaim.

"Well you know what! Damn you!" Leven hisses before angrily marching off through the shocked crowds.

To stop Nicky from marching after him and inflicting serious damage, I fly into his arms, feeling a little embarrassed about the situation but happy, oh so happy.

"Before we talk about us, your father wants to have a word with you... he is out in the garden my love." Nicky reveals, placing a finger against my parted lips.

"Ok." I whisper back, finally releasing him, but feeling like a circus animal when I notice the majority of the room staring at us.

Well, I guess it is time to face the music...

I hope you have enjoyed this book so far guys! Please vote and comment if you are excited for the end! xoxo

Edited