5

Kenzie and John Facetimed all day and worked on there song... they finished it.

Dirty fingernails, same as your mind
But he could strum the guitar just fine
Every now and then he'd think about his life
Daydreamin' just to pass the the time

Now the sun is closer than it was before
Anyone who's anyone can feel it

Saturdays are not the same as they used to be
Sadder days, why do they keep on using me?
They keep on using me

Even as a child everyone would say
He was gonna be a star someday
Finally he found a way to reach the sky
But he didn't know what he'd find
Now the sun is closer than it was before
Anyone who's anyone can feel it, mmm
Saturdays are not the same as they used to be
Sadder days, why do they keep on using me?
They keep on using me

He's got a big head full of trash
And he talks down every chance he gets
He's a grown man with committable mistakes
Saturdays are not the same as they used to be
Sadder days, why do they keep on using me?
Saturdays are not the same as they used to be
Sadder days, why do they keep on using me?
Saturdays are not the same as they used to be
Sadder days, why do they keep on using me?
They keep on using me

*That's the song its by the neighborhood and the song is called saddergazed*

Johnny practiced it with the guitar and Kenzie helped him. They didn't really talk about why they were sad they just agreed or disagreed on the lyrics until they got the ones they liked or related to. They both had a..problem..they were sad about. They didn't want to ask each-other.

They related with the lyrics they wrote. They related to each-other. There was a comfortable silence whilst they sung the complete song, they couldn't stop smiling, but all that got interrupted when Lauren walked in.

"Hey John I heard noises- KENZIE!! OMG!!! HI!!"

"AHHH HI LAUR"

The only person Kenzie had face-timed was Johnny. So they were both actually happy to see each-other and not just over photos. "Wait!! You two are still Facetiming? Its been 7 hours oh my fuck" Said Lauren

They both looked down and Kenzie said "We're both working on something as you know... you'll know VERY soon!" Johnny smiled "Okay then then i'll leave you two.. alone " Lauren said winking.

The teenagers start blushing not even being able to look at each other even thought it was harmless, light tease.

"I love the song John" Kenzie said breaking the almost awkward silence. 

"Me to" Johnyn answered now looking at Mackenzie smiling. She mirrored his actions.

"But i gotta ask...whats up?" Johnny asked quite nervous about the answer that he was waiting to hear.

"Huh?" Mackenzie said. Obviously confused by what Johnny had just asked.

"We both just wrote a sad song we both relate to, I know it, I can feel it! Please tell me whats wrong kenz" Kenzie frowned. "Lets say it together" Kenzie nodded. They both looked down 

"Depression" They both said after a moment of silence.

They looked up at each other with tears dropping down there cheeks. They both wanted to ask a shit tun of questions, and be there for each other and support one another, but it was to much, at least for today.

They both looked each other and nodded understanding what needed to be done.

"We'll talk about it, I promise. Thanks John. I have to go now, bye Juanny" She said and waited for him to say something, anything. He nodded with tears still in his eyes.

"Same Kenz, bye. Text me, we'll explain stuff when were both ready. Don't worry." He said forcing a smile. They both turned off there phones at the same time and jumped of there bed facing there pillows, thinking about depression and the reason for it and why they were going through it, and the feelings towards the other person.

The song they had wrote were about each other, they're feelings and... just life.

Johnny wanted to know everything about Mackenzie. Friends do that.. they care.

They're phones kept spamming with messages from the gc, they were talking about random things, their day and how it went etc. They just ignored them. Locked there doors and kept crying. They weren't big sobs and tears. Just silent tears. Nobody knew about there depression.. they were the first people they opened up to. Knowing the truth it hard... but admitting the truth is much much harder.

Both of there families were clueless about anything, and they weren't going to be opening up to them anytime soon.

The reasons to their sadness was different and alot. They decided that they were going to open up to only each other. Mackenzie remembered she had to text Johnny, she knew he wouldn't talk about the situation, she knew she wanted to talk to him. She was about to text him when here mum had just shouted her down for dinner. She quickly ran to her bathroom and washed her face, wore her make up and rushed down to the kitchen.

"Hey honey, how are you doing" Asked Mellisa, Mackenzies mom.

"Good thanks mom" She responded with a forced, crooked smile.

Her sister, Maddie was staring at her phone and didn't even greet her. She sat down and was about to put a spoon full of her moms food in her mouth when her sister spoke out.

"Ugh, your already too fat, maybe stop eating so much and you wont gain anymore weight than you already have"

Mellisa quickly yelled at the elder sister "MADDISON ZIEGLER! nonsense Mackenzie your body is just perfect! please dont listen to her" I ignored my mom trying to be nice to me. Maddie was right. I am fat. I'll just tell my mom ill come down and eat something at midnight. Mackenzie thought, she then told her those those thoughts and her mom agreed and apologized for Maddies actions. Mackenzie went to her room, closed her door and then locked it. She unlocked her phone it was 12' o'clock, she finished speaking to johnny at 9.

Kenzie had text him a simple 'Hey juan' he hadn't replied, Kenzie figured he must of went to sleep. He had. Mackenzie really wanted to talk to someone to distract her from the comment her sister had made. But Johnny was sleeping and she didn't want to bother anyone else. So she just went to sleep with madddies worse stabbing her in her head over and over again. Not talking to johnny was a mistake. A big one. She didn't really care about her body until Maddie made her realize it. The next morning Mackenzie got out the shower and looked into the mirror disgusted of herself.

The dinner wasn't the only thing Mackenzie didn't eat anymore, she couldn't eat anything anymore, not without throwing up

This chapter wasnt in a text format or social media format but I hope you enjoyed it!

And if you have any problems like this then please speak to someone you shouldn't have to hide to it! Its better to let your feelings by speaking to and expert or even your parent/Guardian about it trust me!

Anyways hope you enjoyed this chapter!