Chapter One

I miss her so much. Her scent and and the way she flipped her hair and how she always called me when I was at work. I miss her beauty and her grace. The way she would look at me. Even my dad thought she was the best. He told me if I didn't marry her, he would. She lights me up but I failed her. I wish I could turn back time and wish I didn't do what I did.

The heartache and pain I caused will always be there. I hope you can forgive me. I fidget in my seat as I drive over the speed limit. A car cuts in front of me and I hit the brakes, fast enough so I don't hit the car. Today is my week to pick up the boys so they can spend time with me. I anxiously tap the steering wheel with my thumbs. I haven't seen her in weeks.

It won't be that bad I thought. "Shit." I mumbled under my as I missed the turn. I do a quick turn around and pull into the apartment complex. I park and pull out my phone. I text her to tell her I am here. She walks out with Elian on her hip as Jasper comes running out towards my car. "Hey little man." I smile getting out of the car to hug him.

"Hey papa." He says smiling. I lift up as I saw Audrey walking towards me. She was wearing jeans with a black tank top. Her beautiful curly hair was tied up in a messy bun. She look annoyed to see me. "You're ten minutes late." She said rolling her eyes having me Elian. She kissed his forehead as I stand dumbfounded.

What do I say? I nervously look at Elian. His beautiful big green eyes stare into mine as he shows off his only two teeth. "I missed the turn." I whispered nervously. She looked ashamed. "I'm sorry." She said looking down. "Don't be." I half smiled. Say something I say repeatedly in my head. But I can't, nothing comes out.

She got the boys car seats and belongings and gave them to me. "I love you Jasper and Elian!" She said kissing both of them on the forehead. They wait patiently buckled in the car. "Audrey!" I said with a little much excitement. "Yes?" She said turning around before going inside. "I still love you." I said staring into her beautiful green eyes that had light blue specks scattered around in them.

She didn't say anything except look sad and anxious. I'm so dumb. I wait a few seconds before she finally says something. "Bye Luca, have fun with the boys." She says waving bye to Jasper. I felt defeated and upset. I get into the car and drive silently home. "Daddy?" Jasper asked. "Yes, son." I say smiling at him. "How come you and mommy don't live together?" He asked messing up his words. "We will again but not yet." I said smiling a weak smile as Jasper grinned.