Flight To Boringville, Population Me

My eyes fluttered open to a vibrating coming down from my pocket. I sighed, yawning as I pulled my phone out of my back pocket. I looked down at the screen and rolled my eyes in the back of my head. I did not want to talk to my parents, not after what they did to me.

And for once in my life I was in a good mood when I woke up, and their call was going to ruin that.

“Oh what the hell,” I muttered to myself, sliding my thumb across the green strip flashing on my screen. Usually I slide it on the red one, but whatever. I would let them hear my voice one last time.

“Hello?” my mom’s voice said sounding rushed. “Is that you Laura?”

Something about it seemed off, but I ignored it.

“Who else would it be,” I sighed, playing with my hair. I really did not want to talk to her. She sent me away; I had the right not to want to talk to her.

“How are you? Are you almost there? We miss you baby.”

“Great. Yes I’m almost there. I hope you do, bye mother.” And with that I hung up. I had had enough of her already.

I rolled my fingers around the window cover and tugged on it, sunlight pouring onto my face. My face scrunched and I started squinting, adjusting to the light. My eyes started to tear up, a single tear streaked down my face.

I rolled my neck on my shoulders, getting all the neck pain to go away. There was about five pops on the right side, all of them hurting. This is why I hate flying.

Then there was a light tap on my shoulder and a really cute guy in a red uniform was hovering over me, wearing a huge grin on his face.

"Do you need anything?" he asked, moving slightly forward to meet my eyes.

"Well," I said, letting my voice trail off. "You and me making out in that closet wouldn’t be bad," I grinned, messing with his uniform.

He couldn’t walk away fast enough. I could hear his footsteps go to the next passanger. He made the mistake of turning around once and boy was his face strawberry red. I smirked and pulled my laptop out of my backpack and logged on.

But for some reason my internet wouldn’t connect. Then my eyes widened and I realized something.

My mother called me to see how I was doing, and she only had intentions of screwing me over.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and dialed her number. I was beyond mad.  A few rings came through and then the line went silent.

“Mother?” I asked into the phone, trying to control my voice, I was after all on a plane.

“Yes Laura?” she said cockily. “Is anything wrong?”

“Why actually, yes I think there is. Who decided it would be funny to shut off my internet connection? Because in no way, would that ever be funny,” I snarled into the phone.

It was silent. She knew she was caught, and there would be major consequences, trust me.

“Well I just thought it would be better for you to meet new people and lose all contact with the old, so I blocked a few things,” her voice said in a weak tone.

I sat there for a second and thought. Then my eyes grew bigger and my heart was pounding in my chest.

“Mother, did you turn off my internet and my phone?” I screeched.

“Have a great trip baby, we love you!” she cheered and hung up.

My eyes widened and my lips parted and there was a huge gaping hole. How could she do this to me? Was her hatred for me that bad?

It must be.

*Ding*

“Attention passengers. You will be aborting shortly, please make sure all of your belongings are secure and ready. Have a great day.”

I sighed, relived I would be starting my new life soon.

My fingers found my lap and started tapping away a beat.

Tap. . . Tap. . . . Tap . . .

It went on for a while, until the voice came over the intercom again.

“We are beginning our descent. Please stay in your seats and the staff will help you get out.”

I rolled my eyes. Maybe that cute boy could help me out of the plane.

I could tell I scared him.

But it wasn’t like I was ever going to see him again, so I didn’t care. I mean you only live once right?

A giggle escaped my lip as I realized I had just thought something from The Motto. Everyone use “Y.O.L.O” but I did not under any circumstance. I had to get off this sardine can of death as soon as I can, before I start going insane.

Then the familiar frantic footsteps came pattering down the lane. I smirked. He passed me without taking one look at me.

Must be embarrassed.

He grabbed a little round speaker and pressed his lips to it, speaking in a rough scratchy voice.

Shoot and kill me now.

“You may get your belongings and leave,” he paused, looking at me and blushing again. “Have a nice day.”

I beamed, slinging my backpack over my shoulder and feeling the wad of cash I have been saving. I couldn’t take my stash with me, so I sold it all to come up with this money so I could buy more in this small town.

Rolling my eyes at the thought of not smoking for at least five days while I was here angered me, so I tended not to think about it. I grabbed my other luggage and filled in my spot in the line as people slowly shuffled to the door.

Sunlight streamed into my face as I ignored the “Goodbye, have a wonderful day.”

I stepped out and a shiver ran down my spine. It was sunny, but cold and rain started to poor down from the sky, plopping onto the ground.

I went through the double doors on the airport and stepped into the parking lot, which was a million times worse already. In Jacksonville Florida, this type of weather was more them rare. I scanned the parking lot, looking for a sign that had my name.

I sat down on a bench, letting beads of rain drip onto my hair, slowly falling down.

Then a limo pulled up, the driver stepping out and holding a sign that said my name, Laura Brook.

***

Omg!!! I havent been on in forever!!! So sorry guys, you may kill me!!!

It was one of those times when I had writters block, was getting bored with Wattpad, had so much to do So yeah, but I'm back now!!!

Alsoo. .... I am having a contest!!!

You see, i cant decide who should be Laura. I was thinking about the girl who plays Bella and Edwards kid, but she was a little to young for the role. So its up to you!!! Please Private message me the actors name and a picture, and whoever i decide best fits the role i will dedicate the chapter to you, post your picture, follow you and comment on a chapter rom one of your books :)

And maybe we could Co- Write a story together? :)

How does that sound?

Ok well the contest will be over on November 18, so start looking!!!

Toodles with bunches of Noodles!!!