Chapter Five: First Encounter

"Finally after 15 attempts, I have made one viable creation to cause mayhem and destruction where ever it goes!" The vile villain shouts as he stares down at his dog-sized dragon creature. The four teens are about to discover why they now have their powers.

It has been a while since we last saw our heroes. They have been meeting every day at the base of operations trying to come up with why they had these mystical elemental powers. Let's take a look.

"Okay there has to be a reason that we have these powers." Charli expressed in a frustrated tone.

"We'll find out eventually but for now I have homework that needs to be done," Dee remarked and left. Upon leaving the base Dee noticed that there was smoke rising from the city. "Guys we have a problem!" Dee shouted down. When the other three surfaced from their underground base they all looked upon the pillars of smoke in confusion.

"How can there be so many fires all happening at once?" Alora asked with a slight tone of panic.

"Alora, your element is water lets go help!" Rachel stated as the four of them proceeded to run towards the chaos. What they did not expect was to see a dog-sized dragon causing all of the commotion. Alora used her elemental gift to put out the fires and Charli used her gift to control the continuing stream of flame coming from the small dragon. Dee and Rachel we're trying to figure out how to stop the monster from destroying the town. An idea came to Dee as she and Rachel watched their friends grow tired from the long use of their abilities. "What if we combined our powers to destroy the dragon or even better turn him good?" Dee suggested to Rachel.

"Good Idea Dee. Let's grab Alora and follow after Charli." Rachel said as the two took off to the tired Alora who had finally put out most of the fires.

"We need to follow Charli and combine our powers against it." Dee rushed out upon reaching Alora, who in reply nodded and followed the two after their friend and the small dragon. It was twenty minutes later when Charli Cornered the little dragon and the other three caught up to her.

"We need to combine our powers. Hopefully, it will work." Dee got a glance from all her friends but it was the only idea they had. Together the four teens called forth their power and struck the dragon at the same time. In a puff of lime green smoke, the dragon disappeared and a crowd had gathered around. When Charli spotted her mom who was looking right at her clapping without any sign of worry Charli thought that maybe their powers did more than just grant the ability to control elements but also the ability to hide their identities if necessary.

Rachel addressed the crowd, "We are team DARC and we will protect this city from the person who created the dragon!" The crowd cheered and the four teens disappeared.