Ch. 23- The Castle

Start from the beginning

"Gods no," Sophie mumbled, tears building in her eyes.

The other laborers in the camp started gasping and crying, trying to block out their ears and eyes for the carnage they knew was about to happen. The three rebellion leader's cheers turn into screams of terror. Sophie's tears rolled down her cheeks, and she fell to her knees, pressing her hands over her ears, hoping to drone out the screams. The two kids next to her did the same, crying out and waiting for it to be over. The adults tried to comfort the children, but they too were shaking. Quickly, the birds swooped down for one final shot, and the screams stopped. And Sophie knew it wasn't because they got away.

"Gods help us." Sophie heard the young boy next to her pray. The Neverseen either wore insane smiles or deadpan looks. After it was done, they were all sent back to their cells. Sophie and the two other children were pushed into the cell and locked up. The chains were long enough so they could walk around their cell, but barely even make it up to the door. 

The three children wept in their cell

The three children wept in their cell. Sophie glanced at the boy through her tears eyes. His face was covered in dirt and grime, but he had steel blue eyes, with black hair. The other girl in her cell had brown hair that was cropped to her shoulder and cobalt blue eyes. Sophie was tired, and she decided she had waited long enough.

"What are your names?" She asked quietly.

"Nour." The boy answer quickly. It sounded like an Egypniat name (the Egyptian based Vatarian city), so they were taking more children then just Inalia. The girl stuttered before answering.

"Mansi." She muttered. That sounded like it was from the Native lands of Wampanoag (one of the famous Native American tribes and I couldn't find a universal name used by all Native Americans for their nations. So I decided to use one of the tribe names. But this is the Native American based Vatarian city.)

"I'm Amalia." She said quietly. They all murmured among themselves, trying to make a light-hearted mood. They all shuffled to the center of their cell, their chains trudging behind them. Sophie learned that both their parents had passed and they were taken by the carriages as well. They met in this cell only two weeks before Malia came along. They only know the project they were being used for was called the Nightfall project.

"We want to get out of here, but we have nowhere to go after that." Mansi whimpered.

"Don't worry about that. I have a plan. You guys in?" Sophie younger self asked. The two looked at one another before nodding.

They weren't going to waste away picking at rocks as slaves. Not anymore, no, they were getting out. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After Allesandro finished puking, he glanced where the three slaves were ripped apart. He was on the roof, originally scouting out other ways to get in. He suddenly saw three slaves exit out the back door, making a run for the horizon. He knew the Inalian wild was dangerous, and he was about to direct them towards safety until he saw the birds. He hit the deck immediately, praying that they didn't see him. But he was stuck in place as he heard the poor slaves being taken away by the birds. The very sounds they made was enough to make Allesandro heave up his breakfast.

"What could they be doing to Amalia in there?" Allesandro whispered. He tried everything to get in, but it was like a fortress, even with the weaknesses that Leto pointed out. The castle they were using has been used for battle in the past, so it was pretty impenetrable.

"Allesandro." A voice whispered from the trees. He immediately changed his wrist blade to the gun option and shot into the trees.

"Do you immediately try to kill anyone that approaches you?" Alden said coming out from behind the tree. Allesandro lowered his weapon.

"We are in a restricted area right now, and I am just on edge. What are you doing here?" Allesandro snapped.

"I can help your daughter saved my son's life. I want to help get her back. I also got many chances to talk to her. She seems remarkable. My wife is a vanisher, and she has taught me about some stealth. Let me help you, please." Alden begged. Allessandro glared at Alden before nodding his head and laying him down on what happened. Alden looked ready to hurl just hearing about the swarm of birds.

"I did some listening in on the town. It sounds like the Neverseen is expecting shipments in tomorrow for their guards and soldiers. It would be much easier to get in then, right? We camp out for the night and infiltrate the castle tomorrow." Alden reasoned, scouting out the castle. As much as Allesandro just wanted to barge in and save his little girl, he knew that it would be suicide. He agreed, and they set up camp out of the sight of the neverseen.

 That night, Alden comforted Allesandro and assured him that Amalia would be safe

 That night, Alden comforted Allesandro and assured him that Amalia would be safe. And that tomorrow she would be back in his arms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed Chapter 23! I will be posting another thing today actually, as a sort of thank you note to someone. Keep an eye out for that! Remember to vote, follow, and share! Oh! And don't forget to be awesome!

_Sibylline_