Chapter Eighteen

Chloey's P.O.V~

My eyes fluttered open as I felt at the soft sheets surrounding me. 

I froze.

I am naked.

Moments later, memories of last night flooded my brain as I bit at my lips. Another realization hit me as I noticed Angelo wasn't next to me anymore. I sat up and I passed my hands through my hair, letting my eyes scan the room. It was fairly dark as the curtains interrupted any light that was outside.
I hopped off of the bed and made my way towards the window. I peeked through a slit in the curtains. The morning's sun casted down on the building's plot. The green grass was neatly trimmed and little lawn decorations remained nearby. I could tell I was on the third floor from my view. I could see a security booth not too far as it was further down the road to the entry. It looked as if we were in a well kept and secluded neighbourhood.

I then picked up Angelo's shirt off of the floor and threw it on enjoying the close scent of his cologne. Pressing my hands on the large wooden doors, I opened them and stepped out into the hallway. I observed the light decoration as a table sat nearby with an antique vase. I finally made my way down the staircase, having remembered being carried up these last night. Once I reached the second floor I realized I was completely lost in this gigantic house. A smell of cinnamon wafted through the air, my only moment of recognition. 

I followed it as I soon ended up at a kitchen, the morning's light casting freely through the open area. The kitchen seemed to morph into the living room area where a very noticeable flat screen TV hung on the wall. Angelo stood with his back turned to me whilst busying himself by the oven, wearing nothing but his boxers. I walked up to him and wrapped my arms around his bare torso.

"Morning," I said as I pressed a kiss on his back.

His head spun as he turned to me and smiled as if amused by my attire. He replied, "Goodmorning Chloey.
I brought your stuff in from the car...along with your underwear."
He looked down at me and left a slow, sweet kiss on my lips as he pulled away smiling.

He turned back towards the stove as the smell continued to waft through the air.

I gazed at what was there.
Pancakes.
"They look tasty.."

I looked at Angelo as the morning's light casted a golden glow on his body.
"And so do you..."

I could see a smirk tugging at his lips, "Be careful..." he replied.
I turned away from him as I made my way towards the table where I saw my things. My phone read past messages on its lock screen. Six missed calls from my mother.
I'm 19 for crying out loud.

I pressed my phone to my ear after dialing her number.
She picked up after one ring.
"Where are you?!,"her voice shrieked on the phone.
I placed the phone on speaker and dropped my phone on the table's surface.

"Mom, I spent the night at a friend's place. I'm still here-"

"Did you NOT hear my calls???!"

"No, I did not. If I did, I would've picked up."

"And what were you doing that you couldn't pick up??"
Angelo turned to face me from the kitchen as he placed two plates of pancakes on the kitchen island. He smiled at me as he nonchalantly leaned on the counter top and poured syrup on his pancakes.

"I- I went to bed early."

I could hear Angelo stifle a laugh from afar.
My mother loudly exhaled on the other end of the phone.
She replied, "As long as you're okay...
Come home today. There's someone here to see you."