"Th-thank you...bleh....I don't ever want a dog if that happens all the time."

"Of course, Y/n. What? You are telling me that you don't like dogs now?" He asked. I nodded a little.

"Yeah, I suppose." Faendal froze. He didn't talk for a minute. I was starting to think I said something wrong when...

"Y/n, we can't be friends anymore." I gasped.

"W-what? Why? Did I do something wrong?!" I tried to say, but I kept stuttering in surprise.

"Yes, you did..." He sighed and stared at the ground sadly.  I don't know why, but hearing him say we couldn't be friends hurt me, even if we've known each other for two days. I felt myself tear up, then Faendal gasped softly.

"Please, don't cry, I was kidding. I was only saying that because you said you don't like dogs! I'm joking... please..we're friends... please..don't cry." He wrapped his arms around me, and I was suddenly stunned.

"You...were joking..." I whispered in shock. Faendal rubbed my back.

"I was...I'm sorry." I nodded and hugged him back, sighing deeply. He shuddered a little at my touch. We stayed like that for a while before pulling away. We went into the inn for some food and to cool off and relax.

"Hello, what can I do for you two today?" The inn keeper said.

"A room for two and an apple pie, please." The keeper nodded and showed us to our room. He gave us the pie and walked away.

"Uh- why did you get a room? We live right next to.."

"We can relax." I cut him off. He nodded and sat down on his bed. I sat on mine and then gradually laid back on the blankets and pillows.

"Goodnight, Faendal." I whispered tiredly. Faendal said good night back, blowing out the candle and we both fell asleep.

~

The peace and quiet didn't last long, as I woke up gasping. Tears were spilling out of my eyes, and I kept shaking. Faendal woke up due to me crying, and went over to me.

"Are you okay? What happened." He asked. I frowned and didn't reply. He realized I had a nightmare. He went over to my bed.

"It's okay... you're safe." He reassured. I just wrapped my arms around him. He hugged back rather quickly, sighing.

"You're safe..." he whispered. I closed my eyes and laid him down, falling asleep in his arms.

~

In the morning, I woke up to see Faendal hugging me.

"Faendal? Hey, wake up, you shank" I hit him. He woke up and hit me weakly.

"But I want to rest... and what's a shank?" I smacked him.

"Up. Now!" He sighed and sat up, bringing me close.

"Um...." I felt a blush rise to my cheeks.

"You told me to get up. I'm up." I slowly rested my head on his chest, a smile threatening to show. I accidentally let out a giggle, and Faendal smirked.

"What?" He asked with a smile.

"I guess I'm just happy." He pulled me closer, relaxing almost instantly.

"You're right. This is relaxing." I blushed and got in a more comfy position.

~

TIME SKIP ------ A YEAR LATER

I was sitting on Faendal's bed, bored out of my mind. Faendal was humming softly, making me also tired. I laid down and fell asleep, inhaling the scent of his home, which was a mix of pine and pumpkin spice. I felt the bed slump down and opened my eyes to see Faendal. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me close. Memories of the inn flooded my thoughts.

"Faendal?" I whispered in a soft tone. He hummed and cuddled closer. I sighed and closed my eyes.

"Stay with me." He cuddled closer, as close as he can, bringing me to his chest.

"Don't worry. I don't think you'll have that nightmare again... with me holding you..." he whispered in my ear tiredly. He gently nibbled on my ear, making me blush.

"F-Faendal....?"

"Hm?" He started to kiss my jaw.

"W-What are you doing?" I asked him while a shudder ran through me. He replied by pressing his lips to mine in a passionate kiss.

"Showing you that I'm here for you, I care about you, and will do anything to make you smile..." I smiled at the semi-cheesy reply and pressed my lips to his.

"Thank you."
~~
art is mine
1426 words :)